Some friends of mine old and new

Discussion in 'Gun Gallery' started by steve_O86, Jun 13, 2015.

1. steve_O86

steve_O86 Member

Well there you go, me ina nutshell

2. talon

talon the banned wagon

Whoa, a triple action Daewoo, the only thing sh!tt!er than thier automobiles.:eek:

3. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

I keep thinking I'm going to pass on a high point carbine. Then someone posts a picture that reminds me why I want one. I like them basic. Now if they would just come on with the 3895.

4. steve_O86

steve_O86 Member

I love the daewoo I've never had a problem with it not once and I don't know a single person that owns one not like em either and lion hart makes the same gun they put a rail on it and justify charging 600 for it

5. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    Those Daewoos haven't been sold in the US for decades. I see the ROK troops carrying them (the K2) when I visit Korea, and I am jealous of them. I have never had a chance to tear one down. It looks like a metal-receivered SU-16 in design. Does it use a short-stroke piston or a captured gas piston?

6. talon

talon the banned wagon

I bought 2 because i loved the looks of them, 1 for use, 1 for parts because parts are about impossible to come by. The "parts gun" shot better than the nearly new one, which was just a hot mess. That's my only experience with them, and it was dog awful.

7. Think1st

Florida
    Going back to my previous post, is It designed similar to a metal SU-16, or does it use a short-stroke piston?

8. steve_O86

steve_O86 Member

Short stroke I've only torn mine down once and once I got the trigger I started sweatin it lol but ice never had a parts failure yet and I've had it a couple years

9. EvilE424

EvilE424 Death to Dishonor Lifetime Supporter

I've never shot a Daewoo - I'm sure there will be a debate over this - - - running to get popcorn for the info:)

10. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

So I always wanted one.

11. steve_O86

steve_O86 Member

Did you have the k2 9mm or the 40cal

12. talon

talon the banned wagon

I had the 9mm. When i purchased it, i knew nothing about it other than it looked really cool and i was given a great deal on the pair. Believe i paid $380 for both a excellent condition one that included a rough but functional "parts gun". It just didn't work right for me, and the goofy safety setup was just not my cup of tea. Resold them locally not too long afterwards.
    I admittedly still don't know alot about them.

13. Outlaw

Outlaw Supporting Member

I want one of them, and that one, and oh, that one also. I owned one of the other ones and what the hell is a Daewoo? Used to be a POS car. Friend of mine owned one and pushed it more miles than he drove it :rofl:

14. Think1st

Florida
    Daewoo used to be a major conglomerate in Korea. They made everything. I believe that Samsung bought them IIRC. If you go out there, you will even see Samsung automobiles, now.

15. steve_O86

steve_O86 Member

Yeah they had a division called daewoo precision industries wich made guns such as the k2 wich later became the dp51c 9mm and the also made a variant of the AR 15 that some swear by but they eventually went under and sold the rights for the k2 to lion heart who named it the lh9 and put a 600 starting price on it

16. GoesBang

GoesBang Supporting Member

And the LH9 uses S&W 59 magazines.