Something is up

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by joebob88, Feb 25, 2008.

1. joebob88

joebob88 Guest

With the show Jerico, Russia, China, Iran and the forums I've seen something is going to happen soon. I have too much survial equipment to take on my bug out boat. I thought of making the trip to where I want to go by truck and hiding it but it's a couple of days drifting downstream to this site. I could buy cheap 2 man inflatables to hold my gear so I will have it with me just in case I could not make it to the spot my gear is. Any input would help.

2. rrjenn

rrjenn Guest

Just what specifically have you seen?

3. joebob88

joebob88 Guest

It's just a feeling I have. I know people talk about the end of times on other forums. Check out armageddononline.com or worldslastchance.com and you will might understand why I feel that something is not right.

4. Ok not to be a jackass (but I am, so it slips out now and then), but if part of your "feeling" about TEOTWAWKI is to do with a drama that's about TEOTWAWKI, you probably need to take your/get some meds. It's called television and it's fake. Even the news. Hell, especially the news. You're then reinforcing the likely false belief by immersing yourself in like-minded opinions.

If you're letting narrative fiction/net forums bleed over into the real world, you have a serious problem I think and I recommend professional help.

5. griff30

griff30 Member

Watch a comedy tonight, you'll be the better for it.

6. rrjenn

rrjenn Guest

Re: Post

I think your feeling is correct. I also believe that Armageddon is inevitable. Looking at human history, how could one see anything else happening to humanity. Call it Armageddon or whatever, I believe mankind will self destruct either with a very loud bang or as a whimper as it suffocates in it's own excrement. I don't expect to live long enough to see this, and I hope I'm very wrong and something will intervene. God, aliens, or maybe just human evolution will stave off this end I hope. Don't count on it.

7. Armageddon is inevitable. Get your Bible and read the Book of Revelation.

8. neothespian

neothespian Member

It's all a matter of perspective. Let me explain:

Depending on how you spin things, especially within the past 50 years, we are CONSTANTLY in a state of constant flux. At any one point a single sound byte can start a war or turn around an economy. And, with the speed at which communication and the exchange of information is performed you have more and more instances where cultures who really haven't had a voice on the international stage are begining to conflict with other dominant cultures on the same social level.... something that hasn't happened since the age of reason (Which, by the way, is around the same time the printing press, the American/French Revolutions and adoption worldwide of the University system occured).

But, just like the 1700's, many insist that the complex issues that arise out of such drastic changes of events will be too much for human society to handle.

Alot of it, as some have said, depends on what spin is put on it. For example, the "End Times" is often hit upon in the Christian community, when over half of the world doesn't even have a concept of such a thing. To some, the voicing of this very fact is proof of the "End Times". Some consider the Middle East destabilization as the worst thing to occur, yet the EXACT same thing was happening politically in the 70's in the former Soviet Union. Others keep insisting that there is too much technology, and that it's contributing to the fall of society while others insist that too many people in this country are lacking education and will fall behind the rest of the world in regards to technology.

Remember: The "end of the world" depends on what kind of world you live in.

To many on this board: The idea of a citywide curfew, police in full body armor and toting full auto assualt weapons, constant drive by SAM launcher attacks and bounties on the heads of children of government employees would be the perfect example of the "end times".....

...but I call it my childhood :p

9. Where'd you grow up Neo?

Sounds.... interesting. All I had to get used to was cops with SMG's, the odd military checkpoint and not having any rights....

10. This is a quote from someone or some movie, so I'm not trying to rip it off.

The big issue will be water.

I read somewhere that the Northwest Passage would be open this year for the first time. If it comes true, you can sail from Greenland to Alaska north of Canada.

They say Lake Mead could run dry in 20 years if something isn't done...even though they continue to build.

Georgia is trying to annex a portion of Tennessee to gain access to the Tennessee river. Their main lake is also down tens of feet.

Can you imagine what would happen if Mexico tries to annex portions of Texas to gain more access to rivers for drinking water?

Africa's in a constant flux but with the glacier on Mount Kilimanjaro nearly gone, water will become a huge issue there.

Something will happen. Eventually the line we've already crossed will snap. The question becomes when. Years or decades.

11. neothespian

neothespian Member

Belfast, Ulster district in the 1980's.

12. joebob88

joebob88 Guest

I went from having 1 response to a bunch of comments. I'm am not at ease with the way that I feel the way we are headed. If your not a Christain don't waste my time. Just like one of my friends. Read Revalations. We are there. Why are the people in Poland building a ARK for seeds. Do you know that most the plants we planted were designed to not to produce the next year. Big Brother is doing that. I seem extreme but I'm not taking any chances. I will be in heaven no matter what time or day I die but to me to give up is not acceptable and I refuse to do so.

13. rrjenn

rrjenn Guest

I'm glad to hear that joebob. Sometimes I suspect too many Christians are looking forward to Armageddon as described in the Bible. No hurry, right? Thing is, how would the people of Poland have any more of a clue than you and I? What are you saying about the plants we planted? Are you referring to crops planted here in the USA? Do you have a source for this info we can see? You know people have been planning for and predicting the coming for 2ooo years now and they have all been wrong. I wouldn't get too excited about it, but as you are already doing, plan for the worst and hope for the best.

14. neothespian

neothespian Member

Joebob88,

While I appreciate your opinion, try not to exclude those of other opinions. When it comes to preparedness, one cannot afford to exclude everyone elses opinion based on a religious or political afiliation. On here all views are welcomed to be posted, just as long as they're not infringing on those basic rights we dig.

Also, speaking as someone who lives with a Polish National, alot of the motivation of Poland's newfound interest in archiving is that until recently, their economy was stifled under Communist rule. With their acheivement of Democracy in the late 80's and their massive economic revival with the introduction of the Euro, Poland is now a booming economic and industrial power who now has the luxury to research such things as "Ark" projects and DNA research. Many research labs and universities in the region stated that they were examining such projects since the 1970's, but were unable to either financially or politically. Now, they're finally catching up and in many ways surpassing other Western nations in this field of research.

Also, alot of the "Ark" research is going to restoring regions destroyed by deforestation, nuclear devastation and extreme climate change that can be directly attributed to industrialization. If they can take samples of such material, rebuild the ecosystem and then at a later date reintroduce the material once the rebuild is complete, that can have huge influences in the way we build and terraform.

As for claiming the crops we are harvesting right now are "Designed" to be sterile after a year....I might have to disagree on that. If anything, scientists might be hitting the celing on the amount of times a single organism can reproduce without a characteristic change in the DNA that naturally occurs.

Not disagreeing that these ARE times of critical change. Not at all. But, I am just saying that truth shows up on BOTH sides of an issue, and everyone's got a perspective that we can ALL benefit from.

15. griff30

griff30 Member

16. Two more doomsday markers, famine and plague.

The honeybee population has been mysteriously disappearing for the last few years. No bodies, no known diseases. They're just gone. Without the bees, there is no efficient way to pollinate for the majority of fruits we eat.

Also, the bat population in the NE has been dying off by the colony due to a unknown cause. They start to get a fungus on their nose and they die. Without bats, there is no way to control the insects they eat.

17. griff30

griff30 Member

Honeybees are not the only pollenator. they are only one of many thousand types of bees and really are not going to end the world if they all die. Carpenter bees pollenate more than honey bees. Some flies pollenate. I'd rather the flies all die though.
    Bats, fine let them die. Something will take it's place, where there is food something WILL evolve to eat it, or nature will somehow take it out.
    No one seems to care if mosquitoes all died off? What about moths, millers and midges? We don't seem to care if nature kills them off.

If nature selected KUDZU to be killed off completely overnight, would people think Jesus is comming back? Would people think it's a marker for world collapse? No we wouldn't care because it's a pest. It's prespectives.

18. SharpsShtr

SharpsShtr Member

More than likely it'd be the seed producers doing that in order to sell you more seeds each year.

Matt

19. I wouldn't give you a plugged nickel for the difference between Big Business and Big Brother.

20. joebob88

joebob88 Guest

I was just saying how I feel

I don't mean to offend anyone. I'm not one of those people that say if TSHTF tonight I would know what to do. No person knows what roads and waterways will be blocked and you would not be allowed thru. As for religion, I reserver the right to feel the way I want to reguardless of what moterator takes this message.