Something to remember

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by nicadflyer, May 12, 2008.

1. I don't know where this came from, but it sounds good to me.

During this political season lets all remember these wise words:
    You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.
    You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
    You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.
    You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down.
    You cannot expect to sell more and more of your product or service unless you pay your own workers a fair wage.
    You cannot further brotherhood by inciting class hatred.
    You cannot build character and courage by taking away a person's initiative and independence.
    You cannot help people permanently by doing for them what they can and should do for themselves.
    You cannot help people learn to make intelligent choices by giving them a stupid example nor by rewarding stupid behavior.

2. Carbin8r

Carbin8r Member

Well meaning, but this can quickly devolve into a political morass. I could easily come up with more "wise words" that would seem to run counter to what is being suggested.

3. That doesn't have to be political, it basically reminds me of the Golden Rule.....

"Do unto others as you would have others do unto you."

Or,

"Whoever has the gold, makes the rules."

Take your pick... :roll:

4. Is this really what this site is coming to? Are we now going to be so afraid to post something that could possibly be interpreted as political that we will eventually stop posting all together? I swear the last few days I feel like I've been swimming laps in the toilet with the destination clearly defined.

5. Wildman, I feel your pain, hence my post about the golden rule. If you don't percieve a topic as political and make comments based on the merit of that post, where's the problem? I don't see one.

I don't want anyone of our members to think that the Mods/Admins are the political topic police. We only monitor topics/threads to make sure that peace is kept among the members, and if so, the thread/topic is fine. This goes for ALL topics, not just politically motivated ones. The Mods/Admins would like there to be no political topics on HPFF as it seems to detract from the atmosphere of the brotherhood of shooters that we've strived to create on HPFF.

I personally believe that as a fourm, HPFF has what most firearms forums lack. We actually LIKE each other.

6. +1

7. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member

NOTHING political about just common sense. Nothing in politics is common sense anymore :wink:

8. If you don't think 2nd Amendment issues are political, then you are thinking with the wrong head.