Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not making any money driving cabs right now and it's making me lose sleep. Actually this is not an new thing, just something that has been gnawing away at me. I've been finishing every week for the past month owing money for the week. I've been paying bills but.. haven't been doing both paying bills and the cab. Things are supposed to pick up when the college kids get back in town next month.. problem is that I'm doubtful if I'll make it till then. Drivers have tried to tell the owner that there's no business out there and we need help, and he won't lower our rent. Actually there's too many cabs for a city of Savannah's size, but it's partially the owner's doing. I found out that he has pretty much sic'ed the inspectors on us trying to run out the independents but that backfired and now there's cops who are authorized to write tickets to cab drivers violating taxicab ordinances, the most notorious one has been riding around in his personal car off duty on the weekends. People are owing alot of money... I owe 205.00 for this week on a 360.00 plus 7% taxes on my fares weekly rent with a 30.00 late fee So I'm not too happy but apparently I'm one of the fortunate ones. Then my supervisor killed himself a few days ago.. He turned his car in Wednesday b/c he owed alot of money on his car and he was losing his house.. Next thing we know.. we get a message from dispatch he killed himself Thursday. So in a nutshell.. I'm pretty much bummed out about the whole situation.. He was a good guy and he sure as hell didn't deserve it. Just needed to vent guys.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Very sorry to hear things are going bad down in Savannah. Suicide is so hard to deal with. Had one hit close to home not long ago and I see the effects it has on the family. I hope we don't hear these kinds of stories more often. Hang in there.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm trying to finish my B.S. in criminal justice.. only a few more months left to go.. My girl's trying to get me to do anything.. even flipping burgers... To be honest.. Last time i worked in a fast food resturant, almost got fired because I couldn't make the sandwiches right. I had an security job lined up but I've been calling weekly and not getting responses, did another interview selling insurance... just need 265.00 to get certified by the state... But day by day right? I'm gonna hit the temp services monday.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Wow, I hope you turn the corner and get back in the black. Seriously though have you thought about a second job or a different job until the college comes back for the semester? Sorry to hear about your boss, I hate it when people feel that's the only way out, it's just tragic for everyone concerned. :cantlook:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.