Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so my son took me for a ride on the quad yesterday and i thought i would share some pics of our trip. Go ahead and drool boys these are all taken in my backyard.......

as we set out and he is giving me the saftey speach.

These are some pics of our lake.

this is our driveway. Gawd i fing love the fall!

Here is a older one of us all from our trip up here but i like it and wanted to share it with you guys.

and yes i am the tall goofy looking guy. the beautif girl is my wife Grace.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
How did something as ugly as you make such a gorgeous little boy? :cantlook: I'm puzzled to say the least.... :p

Dude, I can't wait to get up there. Those pics are awesome! Make sure you post some more pics when everything is covered in snow and your son is taking you for a ride on the snow machine.

·
Banned
5,315 Posts
snow machine.
Don't call it a snow machine because Sarah Palin called it one. Snow machines are what ski slopes use to create fake snow (basically its crushed ice) The proper name is snow mobile... I know some people in alaska call them snow machines, but we are talking about 2 completely different types of machines... As a motorcycle tech that works on ALOT of snow mobiles... it bothers for some reason when people call it a snow machine. Don't know why it does.. it just does... I'm not a mag nazi... just a mobile nazi...

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Ya know, growing up in Minnesota, we always called them snow mobiles, and I agree with you that a snow machine is a machine that makes snow. However, in Alaska, if you call it a snow mobile, you're considered a noob, or someone that's not educated enough on the proper terminology of the area....

I don't know why I called it a snow machine, I must be losing my mind or something. Thanks for the correction kevron.

Just seeing the pictures of where Bob lives is really making me anxious to get my scrawny butt up there ASAP. I leave the lower 48 on November 1st, so I don't have long to wait.

·
Banned
5,315 Posts
some people call them sleds... My boss calls them sleds. Alot of people call jet skis, skis, but I call them squirt boats... so I'm not always correct anyway, but for some reason I have to say snow mobile... dunno why...

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Shooter, I grew up in Minnesota, in Detroit Lakes to be exact, and I lived there for 15 years. The coldest I've ever seen it up there was -60 with a 40 MPH wind... Do the math on the wind chill factor and there you go. Anchorage won't be anywhere near that cold, that's the Fairbanks area where Bob lives. -20 isn't bad at all. I just hope the wife can adjust to it as she grew up in New Orleans... LOL!

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
everyone up here calls em snow machines. I am from michigan were they were sleds or snow mobiles. Also i call a ATV a quad. everyone here refers to em as 4-wheelers or huntin machines...lol.....and the cold is not bad. no wind and no humidity. Alaska is really neat. we have have tundra, desert, and rain forest all in the one state it is really cool! And yes there will be more pics to come. Next will be some animal pics, bears, moose, buffalo, doll sheep etc...

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
Shooter, I grew up in Minnesota, in Detroit Lakes to be exact, and I lived there for 15 years. The coldest I've ever seen it up there was -60 with a 40 MPH wind... Do the math on the wind chill factor and there you go. Anchorage won't be anywhere near that cold, that's the Fairbanks area where Bob lives. -20 isn't bad at all. I just hope the wife can adjust to it as she grew up in New Orleans... LOL!
Didn't know that BUT after being in NM AND the sandbox yur still gonna feel if for a while!! ! suggestion order from LLBean and get some good superwarm long undies "she'll love ya even more :grinwink:"

·
Banned
5,315 Posts
Didn't know that BUT after being in NM AND the sandbox yur still gonna feel if for a while!! ! suggestion order from LLBean and get some good superwarm long undies "she'll love ya even more :grinwink:"
If you get her long undies... make sure they have the flap in the back for fun... eh... I mean.. uh... easier trips to the bathroom... that's it.. yeah..

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!

Seriously, get your minds out of the gutter. ;)

·
Banned
1,412 Posts
robertgreen_86,
I am seriously jealous man. Too bad we never were able to hook up when you lived here in Michigan. You were over by Davison weren't you? I forgot but what did take you guys to Alaska?

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
robertgreen_86,
I am seriously jealous man. Too bad we never were able to hook up when you lived here in Michigan. You were over by Davison weren't you? I forgot but what did take you guys to Alaska?
We came up here cause being a LEO in Michigan sucked arse.....lol...actually i have always wanted to move to AK for as long as i can remember. I was able to secure a job in my feild with a great pay package. So we though ya know why not? My Grandfather used to say.."Keep do'in what youre do'in, and y'all keep gettin, what youre, gettin." Needless to say we were not happy with what we were gettin in michigan......oh and btw not only is it awsome here bnut the gov't pays you to live here.....not a small amount either.

·
Banned
1,412 Posts
Cool. We thought about that too. I'd love to live up there. I'll have to talk the wife into it. She's a nurse at Hurley. Job situation around here sucks.

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
dude. The facility i work at needs nurses ASAP!! She could pretty much name her price. They may even help with moving expenses. Let me know if you would like some more info. Also the hospital here is always hiring nurses. They are paid very very well........

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
What about Medical Transcriptionists?

·
Banned
1,412 Posts
I am seriously considering it. Send me some information so I an look at it. We've always talked about moving up there.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.