Soon to be new 4595TS owner - says hello

Discussion in 'Welcome Aboard' started by GulfCoastGuy, Jun 23, 2015.

1. GulfCoastGuy

GulfCoastGuy Member

Hi, New guy from the east shore of Mobile Bay. Waiting on two thing to complete a 4595TS purchase. Quarterly bonus from where I work and the local gun shop's supplier to get the model I want in stock.

Also testing my account activation.

2. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

I really like my 4595. Just load up your mags, you need several mags, for a few days and then go for it.

3. planosteve

Oh yea, welcome to the asylum, nut hut, funny farm, and the forum with padded threads.

4. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the forum!
    .45 JHP owner myself.
    Lot of knowledge here on pretty much anything so next time you're gonna do something stupid ask us how first ! ;)

5. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    You'll enjoy it when you get it. I have the 45 JHP, too, which you might eventually consider getting. They share magazines and are both a joy at the range.

6. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

I like the 4595TS
    I like the 4595 Black Classic
    I like the 4595 Camo Classic
    I guess I'm a little OCD, like that?

Attached Files:

7. GulfCoastGuy

GulfCoastGuy Member

Placed the order with the local GS today. It'll be here Tuesday - Wednesday at the outside.

Informed stupidity it will be.

Have a S&W 457 and money was an issue in the purchase so no more - at least for a while. I know HP = low $$$ but can't swing it.

Like my daddy always says ... ".45 - if it'll drop a cape buffalo ..."

8. Bamaboy

Bamaboy Member

Welcome to the Forum and the addiction that is being a HP 4595 TS owner.

Warning you don't have enough ammo and magazines, the ammo goes quickand your face will hurt from that smile you'll end up with.

This place has plenty of tweaks and mods you can do to your rifle if you want to.

9. Hipointer

Hipointer Member

Hello and welcome to the site! Looking forward to your pics. :)

10. GulfCoastGuy

GulfCoastGuy Member

Well, I picked it up on the way home from work today. Won't get to a range at least until this weekend - the 4th - it'll probably be a circus but maybe ...

Did notice a little play in the front sight but upon further inspection I found the forward set screw was backed off about half a turn. When I ran that down the sight settled in rock solid. A little blue Locktite will take care of that. Otherwise pretty much what I expected. At ~7 lb. it's right at the same heft as my son's Mossberg 500 12GA.

I went through a full take down to the firing pin. Except for everything being new and tight and failing to remember to release the firing mechanism before I started (I had failed to dry fire after testing the charging handle - I have a healthy aversion to unprotected dry fire), it wasn't bad at all.

All in all at first blush, I'm happy.

11. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    I found one at the LPS. Sweet deal, $353 OTD!
    Shoots well, but low for me. I am reacting oddly to the sights, it seems.

12. undeRGRound

INDY
    ...oh, Pix!

Attached Files:

13. planosteve

So you are saying the sights are "under". :rofl:

14. planosteve

By the way nice pistol.

15. undeRGRound

INDY
    Well, most handguns do fine for me with the front and back sights at the same level. Maybe I am pushing down when I fire it? I do not seem to have the same problem with any other handguns... :confused:

16. planosteve

Sounds like it, have someone else try it or use a rest.

17. GulfCoastGuy

GulfCoastGuy Member

Yup, looks just like my girl 'cept yours is a brunette and mine's a blond. I had to play around to get a working sight picture on mine, too

18. undeRGRound

INDY
    So how did you do this?

19. undeRGRound

INDY
    Someone else did. At first said it shot low...

20. GulfCoastGuy

GulfCoastGuy Member

It's simple. In your case just set up the sight picture with the front sight just high enough above the the rear sight horizontal line to get you on target. That's your new operating sight picture. You'll have to work it out at various ranges so you'll know how to adapt. The 457 has windage adjustment (not easy but it can be done) but nothing for elevation without replacing the sights.

Look at it this way; if, god forbid, a bad guy gets your piece he'll need 4 or 5 shots til he learns how to shoot straight.