Sore trigger finger

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by Oldgoat, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Oldgoat

Oldgoat Member

I have a JHP45 and maybe it's the shape or angle of my right index finger but the trigger leaves a sore spot on my finger. I position my finger half way between the tip and first joint as suggested by firearms instruction but the point at the bottom of the trigger is the main contact area.
    Has anyone had this issue and is there an easy remedy?

I have uploaded a comparison of my pistol (on the right) with a new one (left) the design of the later trigger is rounded off a lot more. Is it easy to replace the trigger?

A side note: Here is a picture of my 45 with the newly offered "carbon fiber print" grips installed.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  2. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

3. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

You can always round off your trigger

4. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    You have it backwards. Yours is the newer trigger. Just take one of those soft emory boards chicks use to polish their nails and smooth it up.

5. Oldgoat

Oldgoat Member

Oh, I just downloaded the picture on the left from Hi-Point's gallery today. Must be old pictures. I bought the gun used about a year ago. It had only 5 rounds fired through it. Came in the original box with laser, extra mag, holster and 50 rounds ammo.

6. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Walmart sells a 3 pack of emory boards similar to the ones in the pic below. 1 for shaping. 1 for smoothing. And 1 for polishing. They're perfect for working with plastic and can be cut down with scissors to get in tight spaces. With a bit of patience you can turn your trigger into the smoothest, most comfortable trigger in town.

[​IMG]

7. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Same damn thing my 45 does. I took it out 2 weeks ago and it pinched the crap out of my finger. My Dremel may get fired up next time I am in the shop.

8. tone

tone Member

Mine does the same thing, was just going to grind it down some.