1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just couldnt resist having one tacticool gun, My SKS:

My Neighbor holding it:

Me holding it:

Its like having a new gun all over again, oh BTW all my stuff is bolt on, nothing permanant and I still have all the original matching pieces.
So don't crucify me too hard guys. lol

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh and the supressor is fake, I made it on the lathe. when I was installing all this stuff

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
That's awesome! It looks like you took an AK and put it on one of those old torture devices that stretch people out!

Does that scope mount hold zero well? I've heard that a lot of SKS mounts don't do so great.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its the mount with the bolts that lock it to the reciever, one of those and some blue loc-tite and you in buisness

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
Do you know about 922r compliance? You may need some additional US parts, ie if you get the Tapco 20 round mags (which are the best detachable mag) you should be in compliance, if you do not know about 922r regs you should check into it over at SurvivorsSKSBoards

Was country of origin is the base SKS you used, I'm guessing Norinco (Chinese)? That makes a difference on how many parts need replaced. It differs for a Yugo SKS because of the grenade launcher.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ive got the tapco stock, tapco gas tube and piston, tapco forend, tapco pistol grip and im not sure where the magazine is from, its one i found at a flea market

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh yeah the new reciver cover(scope mount) is american

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
Some of that stuff does not matter, what is you base rifle? Chinese, Russian and the rest except for Yugo have 14 imported parts, the Yugo has 15 because of the grenade launcher, ONLY THE LISTED PARTS COUNT, things like the receiver cover are not listed parts. The stock = 1 part, the handguard =1 part, the Tapco gas piston = 1 part, so you are 1 part short without a USA made magazine, and it has to be marked USA made. If that is a USA Brand metal detachable mag you are good (and they are the only reliable metal detachable mags along with the duckbill DC Engineering ones which are very expensive and not worth the money). A USA mag gives you two additional compliance parts via the mag body and follower.

That receiver cover is not USA made anyways. You are likely going to have bad feed issues with that flea market mag if it's not one I named above, hope you didn't pay much for it.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Yeah, I would read and study the SuvivorsSKSBoards like panoz77 said. I was going to 'bubba' my SKS but from reading and learning more about the SKS's I decided not to change mine.

Not to put a damper on what you want your SKS to look like, but you have to be legal not to mention safe.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Very Nice!!!

Here's mine.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Dude, that just makes loading the mag that much easier and faster than diggin' 'em outta the box... :D

I like both of those SKS's. Freakin badarse lookin, a bubba job, but tastefully done.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Nice work guys!!!
Watch that 922r tho, it can really bite ya in the arse if you're not careful!

I have the same reciever cover. I had to file a bit off the inside so the bolt wouldn't hang up and get pinched. My reddot stays pretty stable.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
i cant be certain, but i'm almost positive, are those fingers on the trigger from you and the neighbor??? if so i'm going to have to give you a d- for form

but nice looking gun

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I have the folding stock on mine, but the compliance isn't *quite* up to par. But, since the last time I was shooting it I had a feed issue that I'm pretty sure was due to the gas piston tube not sealing, I'm planning on buying a whole new gas tube with handguard attached. That combined with the stock and tapco 20 round magazine should bring me back within compliance :D

Thought about that stock, but the folding one reduced the length just enough to be managable. the SKS is a pretty long gun compared to the AK I spent years shooting. Still not used to it (granted I haven't had the SKS in my possession for nearly 9 months but that should hopefully change this month)

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
got my tapco 20 rounder today from milsurpstuff, great mag love the shoter look and really fast shipping. yay im legal!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts