Sorry, Another 995 TS Magazine Question

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by wingman, Sep 9, 2015.

1. wingman

wingman Member

When the bolt pushes a round out of the magazine of the 995 TS, is the round supposed to travel between the front feed lips, or over the front feed lips, or are the front feed lips supposed to hold the cartridge down as it exits the mag? Knowing this will help me to adjust the spacing of the lips properly. Thanks!

2. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

3. wingman

wingman Member

Points I picked up from that video:

1. His "tuned" mag performed exactly the same as his "un-tuned" mag.

2. He only fired five rounds. It is nearly always the upper three rounds that fail to feed in an eight round mag. He should have fired nine rounds.

I appreciate the link to the video, but it did not provide the information I need.

Let me go about this another way. I know the rear mag lips need to be .345" apart. How far apart do the front feed lips need to be? I have looked at numerous threads that , I suppose, once had pictures showing this gap spacing, but those pictures are no longer available on the threads.

Thanks for your help.

4. mej24

mej24 Member

ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1441838902.947277.jpg
    Does this help?

5. wingman

wingman Member

Exactly the picture I needed. Thanks!

6. mej24

mej24 Member

Glad to help.

7. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

8. mej24

mej24 Member

Can't bend to get that radius. Don't remember where I copied this photo from, probably another thread on here, but saved it for the dimensions given. Seems to have worked for others. Haven't done it personally.