Source for 9mm magazine plastic follower

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by PCF, Dec 5, 2018.

1. PCF

PCF Member

As the title indicates, can anyone advise a source for a plastic follower only to help with magazine feed issues?

2. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    First off, Welcome to the forum !!

Second are you talking an OEM mag ? If so call MOM (hipoint) and they will send you follower and possibly other things.

Third , what are you experiencing? New used gun ? 995 or newer 995TS ? etc. Members here can help. Times in the past new owners reading info out there on the internet do things to their guns that aren't needed or add issues that weren't there to begin with.

3. PCF

PCF Member

Thanks!

I have a new 995TS that is now back at Hi Point due to a feed issue.

Looking for the plastic followers only to put in the factory 10 round magazines to help prevent a nose down condition.

4. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    I an sure they will take care of you. Make sure they know about the mag. Surprised they didn't want that back with the new gun.

Side note. Wonder what might be going on ?? Multiple new gun owners complaining of failure issues with feeding. The carbine 995 has always been very reliable out of the box.

5. PCF

PCF Member

Yes, I sent all 3 magazines back to HP.

6. ratchowmein

ratchowmein Member

The 9mm ProMag/HP magazine has a polymer follower which is much more stable than an HP 9mm follower. I believe it’s compatible with the HP mag. The ProMag follower is one of the main reasons why I prefer their magazines over the HP 9mm magazines and why I believe they function better for me.
    The cheap light steel used on the HP 9mm follower, allows the rear fingers to easily be deformed, which can nose dive the round, especially if you’re using a speed loader.
    I’ve had HP followers completely flip around LOL.

7. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Then don't worry about it.