Special day for god daughter.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by moona11, Jul 3, 2015.

1. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Saturday me and Evil had the honor of presiding in the marriage of our god daughter to the love of here life. Her dad was one of my best friends and coworkers before he passed away several years ago. Before he passed he asked me to do 3 things as he new he was not going to live much longer. He asked if I would speak on his behalf at her wedding. The night before I could not sleep I was worried about what to say. How do you speak for a person that does them the honor they deserve. 20 minutes before I was to go to the church I still hadn't typed anything. I sat at the computer and just started typing. A few pages later and some tears I looked at what I typed it was wonderful and I had not made one error. Which you all know is a feat in its self. No one new of my promise to my friend not even E. I was worried about standing up in front of all those people but when the time came all was right and I didn't mess it up. As I added the promise into the wedding with out anyone the wiser. I read to her and her soon to be husband what I wrote. Not a dry eye in the church. I also was tasked with talking to my friends son 13 and his wife. He told me I would know when the time was right to talk to them and it was that day. I told his son about his dad as he didn't really remember him and what his dad wished for him as he grew up. I talked to his wife and told her how much he loved her and was always watching out for her. All in all it was a great day of celebration with a good amount of happy tears. I new as I typed it my friend was with me and also held me up in the church so I could do what needed doing. Kirk was also a huge help and I thank you so much brother.

2. EvilE424

EvilE424 Death to Dishonor Lifetime Supporter

You're the best Moonz! You did an amazing job!

3. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    That's a heck of an honor to be able to fulfill the wishes of a close friend after he's passed. It sounds like you put a lot of time and effort into doing it right. With only one chance to do it, you nailed it. I'm glad to hear that you were able to honor him so well, while also letting everyone else hear him through you.

4. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Nice job Moonzy!

5. moona11

I was scared to death with the idea of doing it. Kirk was a big help and so was Evil of course.

6. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    Kirk's definitely the guy to have help with some well-turned phrases. All three of you seem to have made a good team.

7. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

I'm tearing up just reading this. Great Job Moonz!
    I'm sure your friend was smiling down on all of you.

8. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    A miracle, Indeed!

<Mole must have some dirt in his eye, dangit...> :wah:

9. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Hard to do, I had to speak at a friends funeral. Was the same way, total block until an hour before then I winged it form memory.

10. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

That's good stuff Moonz. I know how hard that moment is from when I presented a memorial plaque for a good friend and fallen fire fighter to his department, friends, family, and a local news crew during their annual company banquet.

11. moona11

This is the Poem I added after I wrote what came from my friend.
    My Little Girl Don't Cry For Me

My little Girl, Don't cry for me
    I'll be right by your side.
    I'd never miss out on this day
    that you become a bride.

I'm here with you to hold your hand
    and give your heart away
    To a man God chose to take care of you
    forever from this day.

Today, I place your hand in his
    with blessings and with pride.
    My little Girl, Don't cry for me
    I'll be right by your side.

Source: http://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/my-little-girl-dont-cry-for-me#ixzz3ewJh9w5J
    Family Friend Poems