Spent round jam

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by banjoKevin, Nov 13, 2017 at 3:30 PM.

1. banjoKevin

banjoKevin New Member

After about 40 rounds out of my new 40 a round did not eject. The round is spent. How do I get it out. Do u think the ejector broke

2. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

First off, unload the firearm. Keep it pointed in the safest direction available and lock the breach block ("bolt") back.

Second, are you certain that the round fired and that it is an empty, fired, case in the chamber?

Assuming that it is a fired case...

While the breach block is locked back, use a cleaning rod inserted from the muzzle end and tap out the expended case. A cleaning rod will also help ensure that there is not a squib bullet stuck in the barrel.

Another option is to use a small flat-head screwdriver and pry the case out on the rim from the breach end.

What might have happened is that the "rim" (extractor groove) was soft or damaged and the extractor claw simply slipped off instead of extracting.

Once the empty is out, try function checking the cycle by using snap-caps or dummy rounds. Do not use life ammunition.

Once you have verified that the extractor is working properly, take it back to the range and fire live ammo.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

adam01364 and 2012gt like this.

3. banjoKevin

banjoKevin New Member

Thanks. That is what I did right after I made that post. I got it out. Was a little worried about the ejector pin since I heard they break easy on the 4095 gotta say I do like this gun

4. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

The firing pin is the ejector, the extractor keys are relatively sturdy.

lklawson likes this.
  5. adam01364

adam01364 Lifetime Supporter

What Rach said. I've had one bent firing pin on one of my Hi-Points, but never any issues with an extractor. They're made from recycled WWII Army tank threads.

lklawson likes this.
  6. What type of metal is the spent casing? Aluminum, steel, or brass?