Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a reminder to all . Don't forget spices when you are getting your preps up. Salt, pepper is the first thing that comes to mind for most , but there is a lot of different spices out there that can spice up a bland meal.
Don't forget when you go to fast food resturants to get extra condiments along with extra knife, fork , spoons .
Spot

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Mrs Dash makes a chipolte mix that is really good. It has just enough heat, but with tons of awesome flavor. I sprinkle it on things straight, like burgers, hot dogs, chicken breast, soup, etc.

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
local guy makes a concoction known as "ricks salt" (guess his name) that sells all over the state. it has 30 different ingredients and just about everybod likes it.

SW

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
dont forge the garlic powder. name me one food that isnt better with garlic.

SV

·
Registered
467 Posts
... name me one food that isnt better with garlic.

SV
Cake.

If that isn't close enough to "real food", then a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich.

But, back to the topic at-hand. You can get camping spice containers that have several common spices/seasonings.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I must have tabasco sauce in my kit. Also, does anyone know of a good way of vacuum sealing spices to keep them fresh in a BOB?I am afraid that if I use my hand-pump sealer, it would just pull the spice out of the bag along with the air. I considered using film canisters, since they are tight-sealing, but there would still be some air trapped in the cases which could cause the spices to "go flat".

·
Banned
1,412 Posts
Currently I store my spices that I harvest from my own Herb garden in pint mason jars. Using the vacuum sealer, put the metal lid on and use the jar attachment. I keep them in a cool dry cupboard and can reseal when needed. I keep the smaller jars for daily use and wash them out for reuse.

By the way, you can buy powdered Worchtershire and A1 through backpack supply companies.

Something new I have done this year is to harvest and dry my Jalapenos. I then use a coffee mill to grind them into a medium/fine powder. Spices up a meal really good.

·
Registered
347 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
dont forge the garlic powder. name me one food that isnt better with garlic.

SV
Jello

·
Premium Member
2,308 Posts
Something new I have done this year is to harvest and dry my Jalapenos. I then use a coffee mill to grind them into a medium/fine powder. Spices up a meal really good.
I do that with my tabasco peppers. Forgot to clean the grinder once...Once :shock:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Plan on large supply of coarse ground pepper. For seasoning and it's about the best emergency radiator stopleak there is.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.