Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a long story, but my 995 stock is cracked, so I called up to find out what I needed to do. A nice lady took down my info and transfered me to a very chatty tech.

Told him the situation, he asked if I was OK with replacing the stock myself, and said he would get one out today.

Now the chatty part.

I asked him if the camo stocks were still available, because I'd like to purchase them. He said no because they cost too much. I told him I saw a pic of one on the HP forums, and he IMMEDIATELY said in a bragging voice, "Oh, then you must have seen the new stock that's coming, right?" Of course, the fabled stock, I joked. He laughed, and said they've had to make a LOT of changes to it, which is why there's been delays.

I asked him if there had been a final product yet, and he said that they were happy now finally with the new stock after the last changes. I then asked if it has gone into production yet. He said the goal is April 1 for production to start.

So I asked him if there were any chrome parts for the 995 or C9s that I could purchase and he said none left now, and warranty repairs were going to the black. He said too many people called up to order them to customize their guns, but they just gave 'em away because they're nice.

That was about it.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
He said the goal is April 1 for production to start.
April 1st... April Fools Day, huh? Well, here's hoping, but as Yogi says "I'll believe it when I believe it." :D

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
"Going into production" leaves a very, very, very large window open as to when they'll be ready and for sale. Too many false promises for my blood.

·
You know who I am
9,304 Posts
Nothing new, they'll continue to say that the new stock is almost ready for another 15-20 years probably.

I bet Duke Nukem Forever comes out before we see a new stock or a 4595.

·
Registered
99 Posts
No offense but you also said they told you "New stock NEXT WEEK". So im going to have to go with the idea that theres nothing coincidental about it being put into production on april fools day.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No offense but you also said they told you "New stock NEXT WEEK". So im going to have to go with the idea that theres nothing coincidental about it being put into production on april fools day.
That was from a Ohio dealer that also attended SHOT, NOT HP. Today it came from the horse's mouth.

I do love irony, and I think it would be hysterically ironic if they go into production on April Fool's Day.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So fun story!!

11 AM, my door bell goes off once. I look out the window, and there's an unmarked white van outside my house. Ya, time to grab the 'ol C9.

Go back to the door, and the van starts pulling off. Did I just get cased??!?

I wait until the van is out of site, phone ready to call the PD, and I open the door. YAY!! MY NEW 995 STOCK!! Nice! Less then 24hrs and it was in my hand!!

I gotta lay off the coffee......

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
Smells kinda fishy to me. I think they would use a black van and not a white one......

Oh and I heard about the new stock once too.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Nothing new, they'll continue to say that the new stock is almost ready for another 15-20 years probably.

I bet Duke Nukem Forever comes out before we see a new stock or a 4595.
Hey! It'll be out when it's ready. :blink: And when it is, we can all come get some.

·
Banned
19,446 Posts
So fun story!!

11 AM, my door bell goes off once. I look out the window, and there's an unmarked white van outside my house. Ya, time to grab the 'ol C9.

Go back to the door, and the van starts pulling off. Did I just get cased??!?

I wait until the van is out of site, phone ready to call the PD, and I open the door. YAY!! MY NEW 995 STOCK!! Nice! Less then 24hrs and it was in my hand!!

I gotta lay off the coffee......
how about the crack pipe as well? j/k LMAO!

SW

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
Dude, didn't anyone tell you that Hi-Point ships lighting in a box? :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts