Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sports Illustrated March 16th issue. Page 61, A story about Mykal Riley a Univ. of Alabama basketball player.

" Dec, 27, 1994. A young man kicks in the door of an apartment. He has four-inch fingernails and an IQ of 72. He is the product of a one-night stand. He has come from a house full of mice and cockroaches, where his mother uses belts and extension cords in her ongoing attempt to beat the devil out of him. His name is Roderick Leshun Rankin, and he is 19 years old. He carries a Hi-Point 9-mm pistol"

The article then goes on to tell how he shoots and kills 3 people.......one ofthem was Mykal's aunt.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
So simple and reliable even a mental midget can use it. Sorry to hear about the tragedy but the gun wasn't at fault.

·
Banned
401 Posts
It is always a tragedy when something of this nature happens, but in reality, it has nothing to do with the weapon, it has to do with the individual who made the choice and committed the act..guns can be used for good and bad, it all depends who holds that gun..

My heart goes out to those family members and friends who have lost loved ones, but we can't blame the gun.

I know this very well as my brother in law took my sisters life as well as his own life about two years ago, with a 10/22 and now that gun resides in my gun cabinet, the gun did not do it, the person did as did this person..

There is no such thing as bad press for a gun, or as my wife says, "Bad Press" is when a gun does not function as it was intended to do, that is "Bad Press" as long as a gun functions as it was designed to, that is good press..in our families case, I really wish it would have got "Bad Press"

Dp

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Well, when someone gets killed in a car crash by a drunk driver, do you blame the car or the driver?

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Yup... If that was the case, Ford, GM and Chrysler would have been out of business YEARS ago.... Effin' idiots!

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Well, when someone gets killed in a car crash by a drunk driver, do you blame the car or the driver?
Unless it's an SUV, in which case it's blamed for the crash.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts