Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· You know who I am
9,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright. I've had my last dealing with sportsmansguide...ever!

I ordered some 7.62x39. During my 6 month wait for the stuff to come in, my credit card expired. I decided that a money order would be the best way to go and told them it would take me 2 or 3 weeks to get the funds together. The lady said that it would be fine and she would mark to keep the order on hold. I get the money together and get the MO sent out. Some days go by and I hear nothing, so I contact them about the order. Apparently they canceled it without so much as an email. So, I sent the MO on the 17th and they claim that they haven't got it yet so they won't give me a refund. I don't know what to do about it. I seriously doubt that the MO hasn't gotten to SG yet, and I think that they are just bending me over and raping me out of $212.70.

I'm so freaking angry with them, never again will I have ANYTHING to do with Sportsmansguide. As far as I'm concerned, that company can burn in hell.

EDIT:
FJKD:JKFJ:SDJAKFJ:[email protected]$I#I!!!!!!!

I called MoneyGram and the pieces of crap cashed the money order last week. They are definitely trying to **** me!

DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THIS UNETHICAL, THIEVING COMPANY!!!!

· You know who I am
9,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm never going to do business with them again. The last 3 times I've dealt with them it's been a PITA. I recommend that everyone else stop buying from them as well. Maybe then they'll learn a little customer service.

· You know who I am
9,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah it took a while to get the money together, but they said they were holding it for me is what ticked me off. If I just didn't pay I wouldn't expect for the item to stay on hold for a long period of time, but they told me they were holding it.

After a lot of emails they've agreed to pay the charges to have the MO photocopy faxed to me ($24) and said they will refund all my money along with the MO photocopy charges after I fax them the photocopy and some other info they requested.

Will update this as time goes along, but I'm still never going to buy from them again.

· You know who I am
9,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I faxed in the information they required and they say that there is a check on the way with a refund of my money and to cover the cost of the money order. Will notify if/when I receive it. I'll be glad when this is over.

I got that card when I was 17, so it has all kinds of restrictions on it (you have to be 19 to get a for realz card in AL). I think I will negotiate for a better card with my bank after this crap.

· You know who I am
9,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've had trouble with them for the last 3 things I've bought.

And yeah I knew the item was backordered, but they told me it would be one month, not 6. Regardless of whether or not I can save $2 on an item I won't buy from them anymore. Never again will my IP address grace their site with it's presence.

· You know who I am
9,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
This order went well, but thanks to the fascist review system the bipod which had all great reviews isn't really all that great. I mean yeah it works, and is fairly solid when using it, which is what counts I guess, but it wobbles around while walking with it and just generally isn't built very well.

· You know who I am
9,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Dang guys, I have had nothing but Good from SG. in fact I had an item miss deliver buy the UPS guy. Tracking even Had it delivered to only god knows were but not to me.

Any way The item was very costly. One call to SG and they sent a another one out ASAP with next day delivery. Only prob I ever had. And it was not there fault yet still they took it upon themselves to make it right.

To you other guys on the burn end. I feel for ya, And am thanking my lucky stars.
They must like you lol. I ordered one of those deals where you got 6 AK mags for $40 or something like that a long time ago and UPS lost it. I called them and they basically said I was SOL. Luckily it showed up on my doorstep a few days later after someone had prowled through it.

· You know who I am
9,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Not sure how it would be SMG fault if UPS looses a package? We usually have a choice on shipping and the cheapest doesn't have tracking. If they made good People would be ordering stuff and claiming it never arrived to get it for free. I haven't had any problems that weren't corrected by SMG. I don't like their backorder system is one complaint I do have. Hopefully one day backorders will be few and far between.
It's their fault because they should use another carrier lol. UPS freaking sucks. Besides, they are a company, they can afford to eat it whereas I can't so much. The shipping I chose was UPS ground and it did have tracking info. When I called UPS about it, they said to take it up with sportsmansguide, who in turn told me to take it up with UPS, so I tried to get sportsmansguide to talk to UPS but they wouldn't. It's just a huge PITA to do anything with them IMO.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.