Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· You know who I am
9,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
This order went well, but thanks to the fascist review system the bipod which had all great reviews isn't really all that great. I mean yeah it works, and is fairly solid when using it, which is what counts I guess, but it wobbles around while walking with it and just generally isn't built very well.

· Registered
251 Posts
you should be able to file a claim with the money order company, if you still have your stub. The Companies who's name was the issuer (not necessarly the place you bought the MO) can track it and find out if it was cashed and issue you a refund.

· Registered
30 Posts
The interesting thing about the Sportsmans Guide is that if you check the status of an order, all you need is a zip code and a last name. ANYONE can search their area with just that info and find every detail of your order including your address and exactly what you ordered. For instance, if your name is Smith and you ordered a bunch of 7.62x39 ammo anyone who has a mind to can punch in Smith and your zip code and find out your address, the fact you ordered and received this ammo, and can surmise that you have a Ak47 or SKS. Kinda makes you a target don't you think? On other forums we have brought this issue up to SG and we have posted their email responses that they just don't care to change it. I REFUSE to do business with a company that plays that fast and loose with my personal info.

BTW. I'm FROM Minnesota and I used to love SG. I used to drive up to St. Paul and go to their retail store a couple times a year. Now I get their catalogs to give me ideas to buy stuff somewhere else.

1,782 Posts
Dang guys, I have had nothing but Good from SG. in fact I had an item miss deliver buy the UPS guy. Tracking even Had it delivered to only god knows were but not to me.

Any way The item was very costly. One call to SG and they sent a another one out ASAP with next day delivery. Only prob I ever had. And it was not there fault yet still they took it upon themselves to make it right.

To you other guys on the burn end. I feel for ya, And am thanking my lucky stars.

· You know who I am
9,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Dang guys, I have had nothing but Good from SG. in fact I had an item miss deliver buy the UPS guy. Tracking even Had it delivered to only god knows were but not to me.

Any way The item was very costly. One call to SG and they sent a another one out ASAP with next day delivery. Only prob I ever had. And it was not there fault yet still they took it upon themselves to make it right.

To you other guys on the burn end. I feel for ya, And am thanking my lucky stars.
They must like you lol. I ordered one of those deals where you got 6 AK mags for $40 or something like that a long time ago and UPS lost it. I called them and they basically said I was SOL. Luckily it showed up on my doorstep a few days later after someone had prowled through it.

· Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Not sure how it would be SMG fault if UPS looses a package?  We usually have a choice on shipping and the cheapest doesn't have tracking. If they made good People would be ordering stuff and claiming it never arrived to get it for free.  I haven't had any problems that weren't corrected by SMG. I don't like their backorder system is one complaint I do have.  Hopefully one day backorders will be few and far between.

· You know who I am
9,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Not sure how it would be SMG fault if UPS looses a package? We usually have a choice on shipping and the cheapest doesn't have tracking. If they made good People would be ordering stuff and claiming it never arrived to get it for free. I haven't had any problems that weren't corrected by SMG. I don't like their backorder system is one complaint I do have. Hopefully one day backorders will be few and far between.
It's their fault because they should use another carrier lol. UPS freaking sucks. Besides, they are a company, they can afford to eat it whereas I can't so much. The shipping I chose was UPS ground and it did have tracking info. When I called UPS about it, they said to take it up with sportsmansguide, who in turn told me to take it up with UPS, so I tried to get sportsmansguide to talk to UPS but they wouldn't. It's just a huge PITA to do anything with them IMO.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.