Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine and his girlfriend were shooting her Glock 40 MOS 10mm . Both have rifle experience , but not alot of handgun time . The Glock was purchased as a bear defense weapon. After shooting a few rounds “it just stopped working” and they asked if i would look at it and they brought it to me . what i found made the hair on my neck raise up. a squib load stuck in the barrel just far enough to keep the next round from fully chambering and keeping the slide out of battery . if it had been an 1/8 of an inch deeper it would have kaboomed . likely serious injury would result . Sig Elite ammo, 180 grain new manufacture. 1250fps and 660ft lbs . be careful out there 32E0B7D6-8A91-4F26-B30D-F2700DF411DD.jpeg
32E0B7D6-8A91-4F26-B30D-F2700DF411DD.jpeg
B563C95E-131C-41A9-9311-4A89F96A27C1.jpeg
1615E78B-E240-48E6-8FC3-726027D564DF.jpeg

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,889 Posts
Shit happens and you get lucky or not.
People tend to think reloads are bad and factory ammo is safer. This just shows even factory crap can be loaded wrong. But them there is also only a hand full of people I would actually shoot their reloads.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,889 Posts
Crap...I think I have a box of that. Thanks for the info.
Ive got a few also. Haven't had any issues with that lot.

·
Premium Member
9,243 Posts
People tend to think reloads are bad and factory ammo is safer. This just shows even factory crap can be loaded wrong. But them there is also only a hand full of people I would actually shoot their reloads.
The only reloads i shoot besides mine, are my brothers. I just trust him. Other reloads get pulled for the components, powder is sprinkled in the wife’s flower pots.

Glad she only has a couple of flowers because I rarely get someone’s reloads!

Reactions: ichthyo and moona11

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,889 Posts
The only reloads i shoot besides mine, are my brothers. I just trust him. Other reloads get pulled for the components, powder is sprinkled in the wife’s flower pots.

Glad she only has a couple of flowers because I rarely get someone’s reloads!
Yep only a small few. Your one of them

·
Registered
Anything but GLOCKS
45 Posts
Factory ammo scares me, the only gun I've seen damaged was from factory WWB, oddly enough it was a 995 carbine. That experience made me a fan of Hi Point because of their warranty and customer service. I know I was sober when I made my ammo, more than I can say for any factory.

·
Premium Member
2,633 Posts
I have had three squibs in my lifetime. One was in my Ruger 10/22, one in my S&W Shield 9mm, and one in my Beretta 92FS. I could tell they were squibs, right after pulling the trigger, and got the bullet out.

Good thing they had that round get stuck in there, the way it did!

·
Super Moderator
28,406 Posts
I have had a total of 2 (two) squibs in my life. One was with a factory loaded .22LR and the other was my own handload and was caused by a spider which built a web inside my powder drop tube which slowly clumped up and eventually impeded the flow causing light charges. Squib

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Reactions: Hipointer

·
Registered
Anything but GLOCKS
45 Posts
I have had a total of 2 (two) squibs in my life. One was with a factory loaded .22LR and the other was my own handload and was caused by a spider which built a web inside my powder drop tube which slowly clumped up and eventually impeded the flow causing light charges. Squib

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
I check mine everytime because I had that happen once. My nephew calls me paranoid but I'm gonna make him read this to see I'm not the only one it's happened to.

·
Premium Member
2,633 Posts

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
Whoa! Itsy Bitsy Spider! ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts