SsSsSsweet new grips for the 1911

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Taurus357, Nov 26, 2007.

1. I just got these custom grips in the mail today. Ordered them a couple weeks ago. Although I didn't like them as much as I hoped when I first mounted them, they are growing on me. The fact that they grip my hand like none other makes them that much better. So lets get some opinions. First Pic is the original factory (very nice) grips that came on it. The following photos are with the new rattler skin grips.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. I think you need a new flash there Taurus, like the look otherwise...

3. Thayldt21

Thayldt21 Senior Member Member

Your lighting BLOWS :)

But I have to say I think the originals looked better, But it is not my weapon.

4. Yea, these were cell phone pictures. Sorry.

5. Uraijit

Uraijit Guest

Cool. Not my style, but cool none the less. I really really liked the old grips though!

6. Cool, although Cobra Commander might want his gun back :mrgreen:
    Just kidding, nice custom look...it might be a little overkill but a matching holster/mag holster might make it a package deal...the color contrast throws me off a first...get a beavertail and hammer to match the trigger and call it a day!!!

7. Your pics suck. Your gun is sweet as can be. Maybe you should send it my way so's I can take some good pics for you? I'd be able to turn it around in a few months, tops.

:mrgreen:

8. 69burbon

69burbon Well-Known Member

Looks cool Taurus.

Sorry to all the snake fans out there but to quote Bill Engvall "it ain't got no legs and moves....that just ain't right!!" I have a nice pair of Python cowboy boots. Using snake skin for pistol grips and the like is just fine with me. :lol:

9. hpman

hpman Guest

Nice grips but the pics suck, although, not as bad as my pics. : )

10. Kelotravolski

Kelotravolski Member

are those real rattlesnake leather grips? if so that rocks.

11. Yes they are real skin with a thin coat of laquor over them.

I REALIZE THE PHOTOS SUCK. NO NEED TO KEEP SAYING WHAT THE LAST GUY SAID ABOUT CRAPPY PICS!

You guys just wern't worth trying to figure out what box my camera might be in, so I stuck with the camera phone. With the light of the TV, a small corner lamp, and the fireplace, I'd say they turned out decent. Since Engval was quoted, then so should Ron White... "Shud up and lick my..."

Anyways, the grips are growing on me and the sheer fact that they grip your hand so dang well is enough reason for me to leave them on for a bit to see how they perform while being shot. Glad some of you like them.

12. Somebody photoshop ivory grips on that pic for the man.

13. A.C.P.

A.C.P. Member

My opinion, to sum it up mildly, After you put your origional grips back on maby you should look for your real camera.

14. Uraijit

Uraijit Guest

Noooooo... he should send his original grips to meeee! For when I finally get/build MY 1911 ;)

16. No one's getting mine unless they have a pair of Springfield Armory grips to trade that match the following:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member

Everyone is just too touchy over pics I can see it so it is OK in my book

18. cd

cd Guest

I have to think they are pretty good looking in real life.