Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need something to more safely secure my guns away from my children. They are getting to that age! I dont have the $$ for a nice safe. My Cal-Ranch store has a great deal on a stack on 14 gun cabinet for $150 and you also get a stackon handgun safe for free. Sale is going on through 10/4. Just wondering if these are a good product or not.

·
Premium Member
36,066 Posts
They are decent. Won't stop a thief for long, but OK for stopping kids. That's a good price, they are a bit more in my AO.

·
Premium Member
36,066 Posts
I thought that, had the same issues myself. :D

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
They are decent. Won't stop a thief for long, but OK for stopping kids. That's a good price, they are a bit more in my AO.
If you lag the safe to the floor and wall, I think it'd stop a thief just fine. Obviously they could just cut right through it, but that's probable more noise than an intruder would want to make.

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
I need something to more safely secure my guns away from my children. They are getting to that age! I dont have the $$ for a nice safe. My Cal-Ranch store has a great deal on a stack on 14 gun cabinet for $150 and you also get a stackon handgun safe for free. Sale is going on through 10/4. Just wondering if these are a good product or not.
I have that model and I like it. for the price, its a good deal. it won't keep a criminal from tearing it open if they are determined, but thats not really what they are for. they are for keeping less sinister hands off your guns. mine is a temporary solution until i can afford one of those $500 safes. I got the 14 gun cabinet for 89.00 at Dicks, but if you throw in the pistol safe, $140 is a good deal. plus you don't have to pay for shipping if you buy it at the store.

·
Registered
398 Posts
You won't regret the purchase. I paid 89. for the 10 gun and did not get anything free heh. (but I still like it)

·
Registered
4,755 Posts

I'll try to find the original topic of when I bought it... it may have what I paid for it in there... I got it from Academy, good shop that Academy is.

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
I really like that one strange. I need to get myself a bigger safe. We bought a small 12 weapon safe a while ago but i want one of the bigger 42 safes, bigger if i can find one. This way i can cut down the three deposit boxes we have to one. I told my wife that in only 82 years the investment would pay for its self in deposit box fee's ...lol.....now to see if she goes for it........

·
Premium Member
1,145 Posts
I've got an old Homak from Wal-Mart about 10 years old or more the foam rubber barrel grooves has come unglued and torn up. It's got soda machine type locks and a kid dang sure ain't getting into it. It's not bolted down but with guns on it it's heavy as hell and would take a pretty determined thief to get it out of the house. With the nosey neighbors I feel pretty secure. It was $89.95 then

1 - 11 of 11 Posts