Stallard Arms JS-9mm failure to eject issues

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by JasonWilliams, Sep 27, 2016.

1. JasonWilliams

JasonWilliams Member

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and have been baffled by my pistols' inability to complete a full firing cycle. Forgive me if I'm not using the proper nomenclature, but my Stallard seems to be suffering from a failure to eject issue. I've fieldstripped and cleaned/oiled everything, polished the feed ramp, and also replaced the mag (which solved the FTF issue). My question to you all is what else could be wrong with the pistol? I have removed the ejector and spring, both in great shape. Also, I've removed the firing pin and spring, nothing seems to be wrong there either! I'm truly baffled at this point, other than maybe needing a new recoil spring, what else could this possibly be caused by? I'm not limp wristing the gun and the slide is definitely blowing all the way back. Like I said the gun is also properly cleaned and lubed, and all of the parts are intact! I'm running standard 115 grain FMJ, maybe I should try some +p? Any information would be greatly appreciated, thank you for your time.

2. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Is it stovepiping? Is the extractor claw slipping? What's the issue?

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

3. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

The following pics are not Hipoints but you'll get the idea:

Empty shell stuck in chamber

[​IMG]

Stove pipe

[​IMG]

Failure to feed

[​IMG]

With a HP the extractor pulls the empty shell back which then bounces off the exposed firing pin which acts as the "ejector".
    So a bend firing pin (very common) can lead to ejecting issues.
    [​IMG]
    Carbine but they all work the same:
    [​IMG]
    Have a read although not everything applies to HP.
    http://aegisacademy.com/diagnosing-pistol-malfunctions-part-3-failure-to-eject/

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRNeCwRDsek[/ame]

4. missiledefender

missiledefender Supporting Member

I'd replace all springs and the extractor. Start at the extractor spring, then the extractor it's self. Eventually, you will find the offending piece.

5. missiledefender

missiledefender Supporting Member

Take a new extractor spring and the one out of your pistol and put them together. If there's any difference in size or shape, replace it.

6. JasonWilliams

JasonWilliams Member

Yes, it seems to be stovepiping almost every spent casing. I called Hi Point today and told them about the issue, they're sending me a new extractor, spring, firing pin, spring, and a new heel catch release (I know, nothing to do with the release). I'm truly flabbergasted at the level of professionalism that this company exhibits, everything is being shipped today, for FREE! I'll definitely let you guys know how it turns out, and thank you for all of the replies. Even the forum is great, how can you possibly beat this company?! Thanks again guys!!!!

7. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Yup. Pretty much all the parts that could cause it. My guess on release? Could be weak and not holding mag firmly in place. Since they're plastic and HP's not making any more, don't complain about having an extra.

8. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Stovepiping would probably be the firing pin (aka "ejector") and/or the firing pin spring.

Have you tried different ammo? Sometimes ammo on the weak side will have ejection issues with Blowback operated guns. Try NATO spec or +P rated.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

9. JasonWilliams

JasonWilliams Member

So, I've replaced all of the mentioned parts and am still having the same issue. Could this be do to a weak recoil spring? I've been researching this topic for some time now and from what I've read a weak recoil spring would actually do the opposite, sending spent shell casings soaring.

10. At this point you've got nothing to lose by swapping it out.

11. Jhow79

Jhow79 Supporting Member

If I was you I'd send it in, you'll get it back completely refurbished like new most likely and for free. Take advantage of the awesome customer service and warrenty they offer, there are very few other manufactures that will do that.

12. JasonWilliams

JasonWilliams Member

I actually took the piece of junk apart and refinished it all myself, then replaced just about every part in it, including the magazine. You may be right, if the recoil spring and +p ammo doesn't work then I'm sending it back for repair. I just like to be able to fix things myself, maybe it's time to let go of the pride. LOL! Thanks!

13. You might want to call them first. I don't think that Hi-Point services Haskells or Stallards anymore.

14. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    They might replace it with a C9...:p

15. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    :welcome:jasonwilliams!!!

Hope you get it figured out, it's a classic, and with the metal frame and long barrel, it's definitely worth saving. Ajolé is right, they might replace it with a C9 :wah:

16. Jason, quick question, have you tried different bullet weights, i.e. 125 Gr. or 147 Gr.? Don't remember seeing any posts regarding that-- I've been a handloader for many years, and have seen some weird things in that time, since you have swapped out most of the springs and attending parts, it might be worth giving heavier bullets a shot.
    Just sayin',
    Fred (Honcho)

17. Jhow79

Jhow79 Supporting Member

Good point, when you called and got your parts shipped did they mention anything about sending it in for service? Curious what they say

18. ratchowmein

ratchowmein Member

first thing you should've done was try different ammo. Go pick up some cheap 9 mm, some Perfecta, Tula, Aguila, etc, And make sure ur not limp wristing. You could also have somebody else shoot. It should work with Perfecta or Tula.