Stallard JS-9 Chrome is here.

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by Dewiejr, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Well I haven't seen anyone else with a chrome and I just got this today in from Tennessee. THe gun looks much more chrome than in pictures, trigger is very nice and breaks better than any of my HPs, the sights are chrome too with no color, but they are raised up and create a really good sight picture. The slide is so smooth, maybe from being older but I'm not sure, I just know it feels silly smooth compared to my others. There are no rattles...the gun is tight as a drum! I'll clean it and shoot it Saturday but if it shoots as good as it feels and looks it may just be my favorite HP yet.:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. talon

talon the banned wagon

Looks more like polished and clearcoated zamac, than chrome, but either way its beautiful and I'm rather jealous.

3. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Details. Straight zinc with a brushed finish? Plated? What's the dealio?

4. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

I shall repent now!
    It is a sin to covet another mans gun!

I have 1st dibbs, if you decide to sell it!!!

5. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

You need another shelf to store ammo it's starting to bend lol ;)
    Congrats on the gun!

6. talon

talon the banned wagon

Hey now!! I was jealous first!!! And, I lack religion so I won't even have to feel guilty for coveting another mans gun.

7. MachoMelvin

8. I'm thinking by the feel and magnifying glass it's plated somehow. There is no area that is not chromed...under over sideways this way that way. The entire underneath is all chrome. Here's a couple more shots of the top and bottom. There's a spot of dirt on the bottom I haven't cleaned the gun yet but will tomorrow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Haha thanks, and I have 3 of those full...I need a fourth lol

10. cicpup

Vermont
    That's a first gen. If you zoom in on the pic you can almost read "Maverick Firearms" on the rollmark. You don't have that one Melvin. Way over priced though.

11. cicpup

Vermont
    You'll have to pull it apart and check under the slide and inside the frame to see if it's actually plated or not.

12. MachoMelvin

I have a Maverick JS-9 - Stallard JS-9 - C-9 Compensator - C-9 is there yet another?

13. cicpup

Vermont
    Well I've explained this to you at least a half dozen times. Take notes. There are 2 Stallard JS-9's. The first one is a Maverick with "Maverick Firearms" removed from the rollstamp. "Maverick Firearms" was removed due to a dispute with another manufacturer using the name "Maverick". The second Stallard JS-9 is the redesigned one you own (same style as Dewiejr's chrome).

And yes, there are others.

Hi-Point JF-9 - Alloy frame, fixed sights. What the Stallard became after the formation of Hi-Point. Very closely resembles the JC & JH.

Hi-Point Model C - First HP polymer framed 9mm. Fixed sights and smooth finish. Pre C-9.

14. The model c is basically a c9, it just doesnt have a mag lockout or adjustable sights from what i can tell.

15. The model c slide is also a smooth finish.

16. Skinner

Skinner Skinner Member

I like that gun! ;)

17. Thanks, it cleaned up extra pretty this evening! Can't wait to shoot it Saturday

18. MachoMelvin

Had a guy today, show me some pictures of a Hi Point model "C" with the alloy frame, serial number stamped on the side of the frame, without any letter in the number, like the older Stallards, and the mag release was on the side like the polymer frames? My model "C" is powder coated, with the serial number stamped under the barrel like the C9. I have also seen several smooth slide model "C".

Last edited: Aug 23, 2014