Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys whats up? First off i wanna say hipoints are like pringels, once u pop u just cant stop. Absolutly freakin love my 40 ts carbine.

Anyways a new gun shop opened up near me and he has a basically unissued persay stallard js-9. Only test fired to make sure it still works. At that he had to remove the packing grease so it still looks like it did in the 90s off the line. Got my check today, and its affirmative, if he still has it once i get back in state, im buying it.

Now granted, the gun is a little over priced at 171. But with hipoint still covering the warranty i believe thats trumps the price hands down. Also, since they are no longer in production, its nastalgic to me as a piece of history, and i feel the investment will be returned in the future for a collector. That is, if i sold it.

For now it will be my learning pistol to get used to them until i am old enough to buy a pistol and ccw. (In july, for now it will be registered to my dad)

Oh and another reason im paying over book for the stallard is hes new in the business and offers all the time, not just a grand opening deal, FREE CCW class to anything bought over 399. Wow. I can say without a doubt, nobody else in guersney county offers anything like that. More so, ive never heard any gun shop do that!

·
Premium Member
35,671 Posts
and i feel the investment will be returned in the future for a collector. That is, if i sold it.
Maybe..if there ARE any HP collectors in the future.:D At the present time, most collectors want to pay lower prices. Which is why I talked my LGS from $140 down to $90.;)

Oh and another reason im paying over book for the stallard is hes new in the business and offers all the time, not just a grand opening deal, FREE CCW class to anything bought over 399. Wow. I can say without a doubt, nobody else in guersney county offers anything like that. More so, ive never heard any gun shop do that!
That might be a good reason to pay a bit extra. Got to take care of the local folks, especially if they treat you right. I just checked GunBroker for JS-9's, and they have MUCH higher prices than you are paying, the one gun that is cheaper would be the same after shipping, and before a transfer fee. So...they may be cheaper sometimes, but they aren't right now.

Good luck!:wavey:

·
Banned
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya hes a another one of the good lgs operators. Even if nobody collects hps in anytime, ill collect lol. And with his prices i hope that drives the competition down. So the 171 for the stallard is lower then online auction? Nice. How much different?

Another way i look at it, the free ccw ill be taught when i buy my m&p in july. M&P is roughly 550 plus 171 for the stallard is 721 plus a 65 or more class fee if i bought somewhere else. Making the total 785 or more. Ill keep in in business as much as possible. :)

If he dont have it he has a pa64 i wouldnt be bothered so much to have. Same price.

·
Premium Member
35,671 Posts
Ya hes a another one of the good lgs operators. Even if nobody collects hps in anytime, ill collect lol. And with his prices i hope that drives the competition down. So the 171 for the stallard is lower then online auction? Nice. How much different?
I'm seeing $225 and $250..insane prices.
http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?Keywords=Stallard

If he dont have it he has a pa64 i wouldnt be bothered so much to have. Same price.
I like the 9X18 guns, got a few. A P-64 for $170 is a good deal these days, though ammo could be hard to get cheap. I get mine online.

·
Banned
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice. Thanks for the info. But why so much on the stallard? U can get a new c9 for 50 bucks less, more if u get it used. 9mm is cheaper to shoot then the .40. Lol. But .40 will be my ccw because of the 4095 shoots it too. :)

·
Banned
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
9mm isnt same as 9x18? Or im reading wrong? Sorry still learning.. :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
9mm Luger (what some folks might call "regular" 9MM ) is 9x19. This is the US and NATO military handgun rd. 9x18 is a Russian military chambering seen in guns like Makorovs from eastern Europe and the communist bloc. I'm not aware of any US made gun in 9x18.

·
Banned
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So what i would buy for the stallard is x19 right? Standard walmart ammo? I love how friendly this community is. I dont feel i have to worry about posting a "dumb" question and getting scolded.

·
Banned
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey guys got the stallard today. 171 as promised. Was worried to death he was goin to sell it. But here it is. :)

ForumRunner_20120322_105535.jpg

Attachments

·
Banned
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It feels GREAT!!!! Held a .40 modern hipoint and imho, this stallard is night and day. Dont think ill be buying the .40 or .45 pistol anytime soon or at all. Maybe the c9 or .380 as they look to have a different design. But with this stallard and the new smith, my collection grows to 5. And thats just buying since december. Who knows what the future brings. Lol

·
Premium Member
35,671 Posts
Congrats on getting the gun!:)

·
Banned
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks! Now if only it operate correctly. Im goin to give it some more breK in time before mom gets it from me to repair. :))

·
Banned
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
amen to that

1 - 15 of 15 Posts