Stallard -- JS9, 9mm

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by jamephipp, Nov 26, 2007.

  1. jamephipp

    jamephipp Guest

    Does any one know the details of the Stallard -- JS9,Large Frame 9mm that was a predecessor to the Hi Points. :arrow:
  2. Not much but Beemiller will still perform warrenty work on them, at least they did as of earlier this summer when someone sent one back for some feeding issues.

    Prior to the line being called HiPoint it was Stallard and then Haskell, or vic versa.

  3. jamephipp

    jamephipp Guest

    Thanks for the info,
    I bought one off auction arms for 51.00 it was 95% NRA Grade Excellent. Drove down and paid for it picked it up. Sweet looking 9mm to compliment the 45acp I have. Called Chris at Hi Point she sold me two mags 15.00 a piece for this older model. She mentioned that they still do Warranty work on the Stallard arms JS 9 pistols. I'm thinking after firing it of sending it in and having it gone thru just for a check up. The JS9 I got looks dead on like the one on the right in Mr Saturday Night Special's photo above. I thought 51.00 was a steal. Thanks again to all for the info.
  4. jamephipp

    jamephipp Guest

    :shock: Question Mr Sat Night SPecial, On the JS9 when the slide is locked to the rear should you see the firing pin purtruding from the rear of the chamber? :?:
  5. jamephipp

    jamephipp Guest

    Mr Saturday Night special,

    Found problem that will not help with the 2 inch drop at 20 paces the firing pin spring and end of firing pin are damaged. I realize that has not much to do with round exiting the barrel but I'll send it in after Christmas rush and let Hi Point go from front to back and work out the bugs. Chris was real nice up at hi point recommending that I let them go over it or upgrade the ole girl.
  6. freedom

    freedom Member

    Mr SNS. Is that a silencer or a suppressor you have on that gun.
    I was under the impression that it was illegal for civilians to posses a silencer.

    Not trying to stir anything, just wondering. And if it is a silencer, and you have it legally, how?
  7. jamephipp

    jamephipp Guest

  8. jamephipp

    jamephipp Guest

    I thought it was on the forum I read this but it was a testimony from the hi point web site regarding the round dropping with fixed sights here is a copy of the quote
  9. Mordecai

    Mordecai Member


    I believe you have to have a Class 3 license
  10. jamephipp

    jamephipp Guest

    If I'm correct you have to purchase the Federal Fire Arms Stamp Tax which is 200 dollars for the purchase of a machine gun or a supressor / silencer.
    It's not illegal so long as your registered in the database as paying the tax. They check it pretty regularly according to my friend who has a machine gun
  11. jamephipp

    jamephipp Guest

    My friend is in the World War II Reenactment club and was on Ft Campbell last July so I would think he's got it right.
  12. jamephipp

    jamephipp Guest

    Ok I found it here's the info

    First, make sure you are able to legally purchase a silencer :)

    Unlike conventional firearms, each change of possession or ownership of a Title 2 weapon (silencer, machine gun, sawed-off shotgun, pengun, etc.) must be approved in advance by BATF. This includes not only the sale of such a weapon, but also the act of giving or loaning it to another person. Failure to comply can result in a $250,000 fine, 10 years in prison, or both. Although the weapon can be moved by its registered owner within the owner's state or residence, transportation across state lines requires prior BATF approval. These requirements were instituted by the National Firearms Act of 1934 and were incorporated into the Gun Control Act of 1968.

    To the best of our knowledge, silencers are legal for private ownership in the following states: AL, AR, AK, AZ, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IN, KY, LA, ME, MD, MS, MT, NE, NV, NH, NM, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WV, WI, and WY. Additionally, they maybe owned by Class 3 dealers and Class 2 manufacturers (but not individuals) in: CA, IA, KS, MA, MO, and MI. Territorial law prohibits possession in the Territories and Possessions of the United States. There are no known restrictions on governmental ownership. If your state is not listed, check with your local office of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms or your state's Attorney General. If they are not legal in your state of residence, we cannot sell to you. Please do not ask us to violate state or federal law.

    As with any firearm, an individual owner must take possession through a licensed dealer in his state of residence. In the case of Title 2 weapons (silencers, machine guns, etc.), the dealer must be what is known as a class 3 dealer, meaning that he has paid an annual special occupational tax in conjunction with his firearms license to permit him to deal in Title 2 weapons without paying the individual $200 transfer tax on each weapon.

    The $200 transfer tax is assessed each time a Title 2 weapon changes hands. The exceptions are to (or from) a governmental agency or a class 3 dealer. Interestingly, many class 3 dealers do not have a storefront and deal in these weapons as a sideline..

    Each time a Title 2 weapon changes hands, the transfer must be approved in advance by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms. It normally takes 4-5 weeks for BATF to approve the transfer between dealers or to law enforcement agencies, and the transfer to individuals requires 3-4 months.

    The procedure for obtaining one of our suppressors is to order (and pay for) the unit. The weapon should be ordered through your class 3 dealer. Although you may order direct, it must be delivered through your dealer. We then transfer the weapon to your class 3 dealer. Your dealer will then assist you in completing the necessary paperwork to transfer the weapon to you. This will include your submitting fingerprints and two passport size photos on your application. In addition, your local chief law enforcement officer (sheriff or chief of police) will need to sign the application. Along with your $200 transfer tax, the application is sent to BATF. When the application is approved (and not before), your dealer turns over possession to you.

    Your dealer will charge a fee for handling of the weapon. We are not in the business of being a sales tax collector for states other than Idaho, but we do not encourage your avoidance of sales or use taxes.

    If you are eligible to own any conventional firearm, you are also eligible to own a Title 2 weapon provided that there are no state laws prohibiting such ownership. This means basically that you must be free of all felony convictions and be over 21 years of age.

    Your dealer can usually help you find a suitable law enforcement signature in the rare instance where your sheriff is personally anti-gun and refuses to sign your application. Your other option is to form a corporation, which does not require a law enforcement signature.

    Federal law prohibits exportation of silencers except to governmental agencies with an End User Certificate. Please contact us by telephone for further details if you represent a foreign government agency.

    You might google for an answer at or try this site
  13. jamephipp

    jamephipp Guest

    on a small note got the firing pin and firing pin spring in today for the old Stallard what a remarkable difference in the handling of the weapon. Will still return to Hi Point after Christmas so they can go over it and ensure it's good and fine tuned.