Stallard No Longer Repaired

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by MachoMelvin, Mar 9, 2015.

1. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

I forgot to mention that last week, MoM told me that she would NO LONGER repair the Stallard JS-9, no matter which grip was on it. She cut off the "Flat" grip Stallard last year. MoM also replaced a few Black "Round" grip JS-9"s with some Nickel models last summer, but not anymore. She will only REPLACE them with C9's from now on.

I guess we all knew this day would come?

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  2. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

The spare parts bin must have finally run dry. I guess that means every time someone sends one in and gets a new C9 back, yours become more rare.

3. MachoMelvin

She said they still had a few parts left & would send the parts out if requested, but would not repair in house, if any that were sent in.

4. Depending on how the warranty is worded, there might be some legal problems for them in the future.

5. lsi1

lsi1 Member

are they so diferent internally that they would have to specially train new employees? Or is the last guy who knew them retiring/leaving the company?

6. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

That would be some unsportsmanlike behavior from the customer.
    Most don't even know about the warranty till they come here.

7. talon

talon the banned wagon

They are out of parts, what does that have to do with training new people? You can train a thousand people how to fix them, if you dont have the parts its kinda pointless. Your talking about a gun that hadnt been made new in what? 8-10 years? its not cost effective to make parts for it forever.

Unless your collecting them, I would think getting a brand new, modern replacement would be most welcomed.

As for warranty they can repair/replace at thier discretion, how can that get them in any legal trouble? They are replacing, in accordance with the warranty.

8. Liberty

Liberty Shhh! Lifetime Supporter

Warranty states replace - no issues there.

9. MachoMelvin

I would guess the last Stallard was built around 92-93, then came the JF-9?

10. Rachgier

Yeah, I mean who would argue with, "I'm sorry, that particular model has been out of production for 10 years and we no longer manufacture or stock original parts for them anymore, but if you send it in to us we'll gladly send you a brand new C9 with your original serial number."

That's a good faith effort on behalf of the manufacturer to keep an owner satisfied with a fully functional firearm. If the owner chooses not to accept it and be a jerk, they don't deserve squat.

11. MachoMelvin

A collector wouldn't want a replacement? I'm sure as long as Numrich & a few other parts sites are around the Stallard will live on. MoM wouldn't repair my Flat grip Stallard last year, but she sent me an envelope full of parts. I took the gun to a local gunsmith & he repaired everything for $60. Everything has a season, and I guess the Stallard is passing another season?

12. Rachgier

The jerk part would be in reference to the guy who refused to accept a new C9 replacement and sued Hi Point for not honoring their warranty.

13. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Real collectors don't shoot their collectible guns much.
    And they buy up spares and part guns too.;)

We, on the other hand...:D

14. Moestooge

Moestooge Member

Replacing a busted Stallard with a brand-new C( is going above and beyond what any other gun company would do.

15. talon

talon the banned wagon

Most collectors (especially of truly collectible guns - not knocking HP, but there will never be a huge hipoint collectors niche) also buy up spares and usually have a, working knowledge of rebuilding themselves.

16. lsi1

lsi1 Member

I find it hard to believe that any factory would keep 20 years worth of spare parts for anything around taking up space. This leads me to believe that they were still producing these parts up until just recently.

I agree that moving those people to a current production pistol is quite generous of them.

17. talon

talon the banned wagon

Because theyve always had a, lifetime repair/replacement policy so they had to have stock on hand for a time until it lost being cost effective.

18. lsi1

lsi1 Member

20 years? think of the cost these parts would have generated versus small parts runs as needed.

I'm not saying there wasn't a dump truck load of spare parts somewhere but its just much more budgetable if its small parts runs here or there.

19. talon

talon the banned wagon

Apparently thats been the case exactly. If theyve justnow decided to stop repairing them, then yes,20years. Believable, id start believing as that's exactly the case here.

20. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

They're having a hard time meeting demand for parts for new guns, and the manufacture of the new guns themselves..... Doubt they have time to retool to make new parts for old guns...