Started another old TV show...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by mr_flintstone, Nov 23, 2020.

1. mr_flintstone

mr_flintstone Supporting Member

Last night I stumbled across St. Elsewhere on Amazon Prime, and it was showing free with ads on the IMDB-TV channel. I originally watched the entire run, starting my 8th grade year and finishing my Freshman year of college, and had largely forgot about it in the intervening years. After watching the first episode, I remembered just how good it was. I plan to watch the rest of the series, and I hope that I'm not just being nostalgic and remembering a few good episodes from long, long ago. I do remember the last season being not that great, and the series finale... well, I'll just say it was a real surprise.

Anyway, after I finish St. Elsewhere, I may have to pony up some money and get Hulu to watch Hill Street Blues. I remember it being good as well.

2. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

I don't have time to watch TV.
    More irons in the fire to tend to.

eldar

3. histed

histed Supporting Member

Ya know, I understand where you're coming from. I thought being retired would give me time to relax, do stuff I always wanted to do, write some articles for here, work on some historical things I'm trying to write.... Yeah, ain't nunna that happenin'. Busier than a one-legged man in an arse-kicking contest. AND everyone thinks I have loads of time to help with THEIR stuff! Guess you gotta die to get some peace, but I'm in no hurry for that, either

Rabidwookie, Dubar and Rerun like this.
  4. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to my world.

Rabidwookie, histed and Rerun like this.
  5. That's only if you've been a good dog.

histed likes this.
  6. Never watched St. Elsewhere but watched Hill St. Blues because I used to live on a Hill Street in Fullerton, CA. Also because Esterhaus' girlfriend was pretty hot. To this day whenever I see a police officer I say "Hey, let's be careful out there."

mr_flintstone likes this.
  7. histed

histed Supporting Member

Common, Adam. You know ALL DAWGS go to heaven
    upload_2020-11-24_7-28-6.jpeg

adam01364 likes this.
  8. Well, a long time ago I watched the movie. Seemed some didn't quite make it?

upload_2020-11-24_7-42-32.png

histed likes this.
  9. histed

histed Supporting Member

Tha'd be them Commie dawgs - and the wolf-rat terriers. Basty nasturds, they are. Biden lovers to the core

Rabidwookie likes this.
  10. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

I think chihuahuas are the true spawn of Satan; and some ancient equivalent of a Starbucks drinking, uggs wearing, iPhone attached to her hand, pre-historic Karen type cunt decided she had to have one, and domesticated them.

Rabidwookie, Rerun and histed like this.
  11. histed

histed Supporting Member

You preach it, Brother Bob, I'll turn the pages!

12. mr_flintstone

- A period of severe weather will not take place, or it will rage.
    - A thwarted plan shall not happen with the murdered vizier.
    - The restless Phoenix will not chime, nor shall he depose the coming of pity.
    So it is written, so it shall come to pass.
    Look for the man with one red sandal.

Since the thread drifted this far, I figured why not take it all the way.

histed likes this.
  13. histed

histed Supporting Member

And what's that got to do with
    upload_2020-11-24_18-48-31.jpeg

14. mr_flintstone

A secret shall take place, and the viper will finally communicate in a graveyard.

Seriously, though...

83263C6D-857C-464E-9231-0820812981FF.jpeg

histed likes this.
  15. histed

histed Supporting Member

Now THAT is something a dawg can understand. Don't even need Rach's k-bar to open it!

16. Twisty

Twisty Simple by choice Supporting Member

St. Elsewhere is the show that first got away with saying one of the 5 words you couldn't say on TV when Mark Harman said "Shit happens."

17. Rabidwookie

Rabidwookie What the Hell was that? Member

:lol:Chihuahuas are furry land mines. Step on one in the dark at 2am, and they’re gonna go off on uou.

Rerun likes this.
  18. Rabidwookie

Rabidwookie What the Hell was that? Member

:lol::lol: