Started Working On The C9

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by Bigern, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Bigern

Bigern Member

Got some things done on the C9. So far I polished the slide, changed the grips, 10rd extended magazine, and added stainless steel set screws to the trigger while I wait for my Joey keychain. Polishing the slide was no joke lol.

I also had a chance to take it to the range last night. It cycled well I think, it jammed only once using one of the 10 round mags. The 8 round mag had no issues. Shot about 80 rounds through it. Not very accurate compared to my Mod2 lol... I need to get used to it and adjust the sights next time but it was a blast to shoot I love it so far!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

I had a polished slide one time. It would tarnish with in a week. Had to keep polishing it about every other week. Looks good though!

3. Bigern

Bigern Member

Thanks! I find it that the better the polish job the longer it lasts. I hope that"s the case with this metal lol... I need to polish it a bit more.

4. SirLucious15

SirLucious15 Member

Looks great Bigern!! I like the set screws in the trigger...what size/type did you use?

5. Bigern

Bigern Member

Thanks you Sir! They are 6-32x1/4" stainless steel set screws. I got them at Home Depot, they screw right in perfectly.

6. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Yes, the set screws are ridiculously neat!:)
    Way to bling up the old trigger.

7. 31U_Airborne

31U_Airborne Member

This is proof that you can polish a terd....Hahaha Im totally kidding..I love the look. As far as tarnishing goes.. gotta clear cote itwith cerakote for a professional job. me i would use spar urethan.
    Great job on those grips.. i am thinking bout doing the same bit withaluminum or titanium. but i am not as good making the checkertexture..

8. Bigern

Bigern Member

Got the Joey keychain on. Install was a breeze, looks and feels great, I love it :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. sarahsmom

sarahsmom Supporting Member

10. Bigern

Bigern Member

I was having trouble at the range seeing the target with the dark red dots on the rear sight so I did them in white using a "White Out" pen, wow what a difference that makes! Much better now :) I will post a pic later when I get home.

11. cruiser

cruiser Member

That is one good looking piece you have there.

12. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Great Work, Big Ern!

13. Recoman

Recoman Supporting Member

Hey guys, I'm wanting to mod my C9 just a little. That trigger is awesome. Where is it available? Also I would like to just do the part of the slide side that protrudes a bit. What is the easiest way to do that small section? Thanks in advance. BTW...Awesome job Big Ern!

14. Moestooge

Moestooge Member

That's a very cool looking pistol.

15. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
  16. Bigern

Bigern Member

Thanks guys! The trigger is available from a forum member on here, the trigger is an awesome piece! undeRGRound posted the link above.

As far as polishing that part of the slide, you need to remove the slide and tape off what you don't want polished. I started with 150 grit and worked my way up to 2500.

It's very time consuming but worth the effort in the end. I have 13 hours of sanding on my slide :D

Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
  17. Bigern

Bigern Member

Here is a pic of the rear sights done with the white out pen, it's a huge improvement over the red for me at least.

Attached Files:

18. Bigern

Bigern Member

Got my laser from MoM yesterday in the mail :D Put it on last night, I really like the laser so far. Can't wait to hit the range and test it out! This is quickly becoming my favorite firearm :)

Attached Files:

19. Recoman

I've used this on other various sights, including my 995ts front post. It is a quick and easy method that works well for hard to see sights.

20. Recoman

Man, that is one sharp pistol. Polishing the slide no joke... pppffftt!!! You a dang hero for that alone. I just did the straight lines on mine, not even to a shine, just wanted a brushed stainless look. Man, that is some work!!! Hats off to you bro!!!