Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year I answered the door to find a Pennsylvania State Trooper looking to ask me some questions. Asked if I was at or near a specific address on a specific date. No sir, I wasn't. I'm a member of the sportsman's association out that way but we didn't have anything going on that weekend so I wouldn't have been in the area.

You weren't visiting your ex wife? No sir, last I knew, several years ago, my ex was getting remarried and moving to Alaska. Have no idea if she did or didn't and have no idea where she is now.

Well this went on for a few minutes and I could tell he didn't believe me which is fine, I get it. The guy he was looking for probably wasn't going to fess up anyway. The Trooper left, saying he'd call if he had any more questions.

About an hour later he called to let me know he found the guy he was looking for and I wasn't him.

Fast forward to last week when I filled out the paperwork for a background check.

Guess who's got a PFA filed against him? That's right, the asshole with the same name. So now I have to wait 15 days to be cleared and my FFL said it will probably e like that forever. And they will take the full 15 days to approve even though they know I'm not him.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And by law they shouldn't keep background check records longer than 90 days, but they do.

·
Premium Member
3,285 Posts
I thought by law if they did not deny you a firearm purchase the licensed dealer was only supposed to hold the firearm three days.

Reactions: Jim_Sterling

·
Registered
701 Posts
Sorry to hear of your troubles. Good thing I have kinda' a strange name. My last name is very uncommon also. What a nightmare that must be for someone named 'Bill Jones.'

Reactions: Quavodus

·
Premium Member
3,285 Posts
It's 3 business days for National Instant Check System but some States have a State wait period in place.
In California it is a ten to eleven day waiting period to purchase a gun. I hated it when I would buy a firearm in California. Thank goodness I do not live there anymore. It's about fifteen to twenty minutes for the back ground check in the State I live in.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Never had a problem till this last time. My FFL tells me they can take up to 15 days and in his experience if it's put on hold like this they wait the full 15 days to approve. And once approved I it's only good for 24 hours, maybe 48, not sure about that. What pisses me off is they have my SSN and driver's license number so the minute it pops up they know I'm not the guy. But they're going to take 15 days to approve just because they can.

·
Premium Member
4,890 Posts
Never had a problem till this last time. My FFL tells me they can take up to 15 days and in his experience if it's put on hold like this they wait the full 15 days to approve. And once approved I it's only good for 24 hours, maybe 48, not sure about that. What pisses me off is they have my SSN and driver's license number so the minute it pops up they know I'm not the guy. But they're going to take 15 days to approve just because they can.
Pretty much anything to throw their weight around

Reactions: Jim_Sterling

·
Super Moderator
28,577 Posts
You could try getting a Unique Personal Identification Number (UPIN).

Details here:

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Reactions: Rerun

·
Premium Member
6,554 Posts
You could try getting a Unique Personal Identification Number (UPIN).

Details here:

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The UPIN is for NICS, but I believe he is getting delayed by the Pennsylvania system that is required in Pa. called E-PICS

·
Premium Member
4,890 Posts
The UPIN is for NICS, but I believe he is getting delayed by the Pennsylvania system that is required in Pa. called E-PICS
You are correct - should be called U-PRICKS. Another one of Tyrant Tom's czars trying to bring California to a state near me

Reactions: Rerun

·
Registered
397 Posts
It's never good when cops knock on your door. They're not big on social visits. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Notified that they can't make a determination....

So now I have to request an official approval, or something like that. And the Pennsylvania State Police have 60 days to review and either clear or deny me.

The up side is that I'll receive an official notice of approval or something like that and going forward if there are any issues the FFL gives them the # and that's it, I'm approved.

But what pisses me off is that the form is asking for the same information they've ALREADY BEEN PROVIDED.

Sorry, just ticks me off that some lazy prick can't do their job so I have to jump through hoops.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts