Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had got a good deal on some Wolf steel cased bullets for my .45 at the gun show. I have found these to be worthless. Every clip I have loaded has jammed. Brass and aluminum has not jammed, so far. Has anyone else had this problem with steel cases? Anything I can do about it or just give them away?

·
Registered
501 Posts
I know Haskell doesn't recommend Wolf. I've heard people have had trouble with the laquer coated Wolf, but ok with the non-coated.

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
I had got a good deal on some Wolf steel cased bullets for my .45 at the gun show. I have found these to be worthless. Every clip I have loaded has jammed. Brass and aluminum has not jammed, so far. Has anyone else had this problem with steel cases? Anything I can do about it or just give them away?
I don't understand why steel cases would be more prone to jamming. Not saying it isn't true, I just don't get why it would happen.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I don't understand why steel cases would be more prone to jamming. Not saying it isn't true, I just don't get why it would happen.
I believe it has to do with the way steel cases expand versus a brass case

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I shoot steel case all of the time with my C9 in fact about 1000 rounds of what has been through the gun was wolf and it worked fine! The steel used in the steel cases is very mild and as such should not harm the extractor! also if you buy the black box wolf it is not lacquer coated but polymer!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts