Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
None of my 5 Sterlings has this spring in it (circled in red). #20 & 27 are what it would do.so maybe it was phased out in production. So dont go nuts looking for it or ordering one.
Motor vehicle Organism Handwriting Mode of transport Font

·
Super Moderator
9,209 Posts
@Jim Sterling I assume your five Sterlings function okay without it?

Interesting, I have the exact opposite observation with the Sterling 300 & 302s that I've owned: the spring has always been there, and I gotta say it's been real a PITA to get it back into place.

Trigger Wood Air gun Gun barrel Everyday carry

Product Font Auto part Gun accessory Gun barrel

Reactions: Jim Sterling

·
Super Moderator
9,209 Posts
Interestingly enough, the Rigarmi pistol diagram does not show the spring.
Rigarmi is the gun Eugene Sauls copied when he made the Sterling 300 & 302.
Trigger Air gun Line Font Gun barrel

·
Banned
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Super Moderator
9,209 Posts
Thanks to minor design changes, getting parts for these little Sterlings can be a crap shoot. There are two different slide designs with different diameter F/P channels (and their related F/P components), two different trigger bars and on the Model 300, three different F/Ps. And the early Gasport guns had a smooth, polished finish.

·
Banned
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to minor design changes, getting parts for these little Sterlings can be a crap shoot. There are two different slide designs with different diameter F/P channels (and their related F/P components), two different trigger bars and on the Model 300, three different F/Ps. And the early Gasport guns had a smooth, polished finish.
Maybe that hairclip is a drop-safe, all I know is they work without it. I have 3 different slide types which i'll show later.
I discovered Sterling before Galesi or I'd be Jim Galesi. I like them both but the Galesi's are more streamlined with closer tolerances...at least mine are....I need a .32 badly.

·
Banned
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got the parts i needed from Jack First...got non sterling white grips of a guy in northern nevada who is trying to make magazine baseplates which i sorely need....cool thing is they would match his grips.

·
Banned
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1 of the 5 is a .22 in mint condition that i'm not touching so i cant say for sure its missing the hairclip...but looking up the mag hole i dont see it....scored some pre-owned aluminum blazer yesterday.

·
Super Moderator
9,209 Posts
Maybe that hairclip is a drop-safe, all I know is they work without it.
That's not a bad theory. I've read that Sterling Arms and/or E&R Machine was sued more than once for liability issues.

·
Banned
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the extractors are different between 22 & 25...at least they have a different part #

·
Banned
53 Posts
Interestingly enough, the Rigarmi pistol diagram does not show the spring.
Rigarmi is the gun Eugene Sauls copied when he made the Sterling 300 & 302.
View attachment 74627
A lot of Gasport residents don't know that our community once had a handgun manufacturing plant, Sterling Arms, whose guns were well-known throughout America.
Here's a brief history of the gun maker...
E&R Machine Inc. was incorporated in the state of New York in April of 1961 with Eugene Sauls as President and Robert Lindke as Treasurer, each owning 50% of the company. The company' s first place of business was a small 900 sq ft building in Lockport, NY. By 1963, the business had outgrown the original building and they rented 5,000 sq ft of floor area in Gasport, NY.
Their business continued to grow and late in 1971, they contacted Sterling Arms in Buffalo, NY, about becoming the licensed manufacturer of their products.
Read more here:

·
Super Moderator
9,209 Posts
(Mod voice) Jim, if you post a link you've got to provide some of the context of the link. Some of our members have limited bandwidth and don't want to use it all on linked content... unless they know what it is they're clicking on.

Your post was sitting in moderator purgatory so I added some content from the linked article.

·
Banned
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
(Mod voice) Jim, if you post a link you've got to provide some of the context of the link. Some of our members have limited bandwidth and don't want to use it all on linked content... unless they know what it is they're clicking on.

Your post was sitting in moderator purgatory so I added some content from the linked article.
thanks friend

·
Premium Member
36,314 Posts
So....in case we missed it, the original post was about a mystery spring....which took 25 seconds on Numrich to find....

Reactions: lklawson

·
Banned
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So....in case we missed it, the original post was about a mystery spring....which took 25 seconds on Numrich to find....
we didnt miss it you did, the gist of it. If I couldnt find it why did i post the schematic zippy ?

·
Premium Member
36,314 Posts
How sad...he’s no longer here to call him names.

Pretty sure his post was a crap show, and he didn’t say what the attachment was. Not to mention....if he knew...WTF was he asking?

Idiot.

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,331 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.