Stick a fork in her, she's done...

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Silicon Wolverine, May 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

...unless the superdelgates entirely defect from obama. Even the "math" is now against her. YAY! *happy face* :D :D :D

SW

2. This title implied so many different things, its not even funny lol

3. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

Great, now we won't have to worry about her... now... onto Osama, i mean Obama...

4. ... I said the exact same thing worded exactly like that earlier to someone at work.
    GET OUT OF MY MIND!!!

5. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

Um, It's not a single person's idea... like global warming is. (Thanks AL GORE!) But It's the chant of the common man who is more wise than his fellow American sheeple... i mean People.

Now i'm getting the urge to post a little message about your post Dave... It's read in the same style as an ETV Documentary, except it's written/produced/spoken by your well known narrator, Strangerous:

It's the theme saying of the Patriots, the real folks who not only bleed, but bleed Red, White, and Blue... We may bleed from our hands, our feet, our arms and legs, but never from our hearts, as they are sealed tight by our maker. Our Minds are open, and refuse to let it be closed for "Common Good". The only thing here that is good, or common for that matter is we still have the closed minded, bleeding heart, sheeple people here working against any real freedom that we could ever hope for. The only reason it is considered common or good is because it is happening more and more every day, and it means we are still free to do as we like.
    I don't know about you folks, but "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness" DOES NOT EQUAL "Peril, Constraint, and the Surrender of rights"

:!: :!: :evil: **** IT! :evil: :!: :!:
    (Dave, the very first section was for you... the rest was a quick ranting on the subject at hand.) ;)

6. AndrewST

AndrewST Guest

I imagine she will be stepping out of the race within a few days. It looks like it will come down to Obama and McCain for the White House.

God help us all.

7. 69burbon

69burbon Well-Known Member

We are so screwed!!!! I hate to say it but the more I hear about Obama, the more worried I get.

The only good thing about McCain is that he is not related to Clinton or Bush!! With any luck he'll pick a strong running mate that people will get behind.

8. Sometimes you have to pick the lesser of 2 evils.

I just hope a bunch of people dont write in people on the ballots that have no chance of winning, all that will be doing is putting Obama in the white house.

Im not ready for someone that is an "ex" muslim and wants to take my guns from me.

9. Dang it as much as I dont like either party I was hoping we could see a real primay here in KY like the rest of the country got. Im tired of having to vote for one guy because the rest of the pack folded in January. (Says a republican who will have only one guy to choose from)

10. Uraijit

Uraijit Guest

They're all a bunch of Bums. I'll write someone in...

11. I still think that Hillary would be better for Mccain to go up against. Hillary is a polarizing bitch and there are a good deal of democrats who can't stand her.

Ugh.

12. Ummmmmm,I wasn't really being serious, stranger.

13. sings M I C K E Y M O U S E. whats that spell? Mickey Mouse!
    Okay I'll stop singing but he does make a good write in canidate.

14. Ridge

Ridge Member

The problem is, Obama is rather charismatic...had he lost and Hillary gone in the WH run, McCain wouldve been in no problem...Obama can still sway the youth vote in addition to the diehard Dems...

15. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member

I really get Bad vibes from OSAMA OBAMA I just don't like how he thinks and who his choices of friends are as well as his and his wifes views are. I think I will vote for McCain this time he IS the lesser of 2 evils and as it was said before if too many folks write in others it will dilute Macs chances by a lot. I feel Obama is the AntiChrist :wink: [ the end of this country is near with him as leader]

If Obama gets it make sure you're all stocked for a war in this country, it will acoming.

16. Uraijit

Uraijit Guest

Obama is not "Charismatic" or "Articulate". He's simply Black, and everybody's so scared of being called racists, that they're afraid to point out that The Emperor's not wearing any clothes.

"Why yes, I can see the clothes. I'm wise!"

"Why yes, I think he's articulate. I'm enlightened"

He gets a free pass while the media masturbates over him and pretends he's some prodigy.

Meanwhile, all the sheep clamor to be a 'part of history', and elect either the "First black president", or the "First Woman President". Rather than basing their votes on whether or not they're suited for the job, they're basing it on skin color, or genitalia...

Was a time when such behavior and reasoning would be called racism, and sexism...

So next time you're going to say "Obama is charismatic" or "Obama is articulate" finish the sentence with what you really mean deep down in your core "...for a black guy".

It's insulting to charismatic people, articulate people, and above all, to black people.

17. neothespian

neothespian Member

Ok, I'm going to put up a formal "heads up" here, only because a few have made mention.

This topic is getting VERY political. Might want to back away from it just a hair.

Thank you.

18. I'd personally rather see Hillary go against McCain. As mentioned above, in a manner of speaking, it seems people are more lulled into a feeling of security from Obama while many are either completely for or totally against Hillary. Given Clinton's past record there are many, many, many, many, things that would be dug up and used to defeat her. Let it be known neither Obama or Hillary will do a single, solitary thing to help preserve our second amendment right. That folks is the key. The rest is pure fluff. Don't buy it? When a bad guy busts your front door down just try and protect your family with low gas prices, free health care, or a strong economy.

As Neo said we need to try and keep this from getting politically ugly. I do feel that it is a very important discussion given what is at stake. Hopefully those in charge can allow us to discuss this topic provided it is kept in good fashion.

19. JMcDonald

JMcDonald Member

Honestly, it is more insulting to black people to try to discredit him and say that he only gets praise because he is black. I can't think of any sentences ending with "for a black guy" that could not be considered offensive or condescending. Hell, I don't think an ending like that with any classification has much of a chance of not being condescending. Examine these two sentences as they might be heard from a lady friend:
    "Your package is pretty big!"
    "Your package is pretty big, for an asian guy!"

Both are intended as compliments, but which one would that guy rather hear? Saying it like that implies inherent inferiority which is obviously very offensive for anyone.

Comparitively, he is more articulate than the current president, and also more so than President Clinton is. As far as charisma, I think he is more charismatic than his current competition, and also again more than the current president. I would say his charisma and President Clinton's are comparable, as President Clinton was a pretty likeable guy. He is more articulate and charismatic that MOST people I know, white or black. I suppose I get what your point might be and are saying that because he is articulate, charismatic AND black that people are making a much bigger deal out of it than if he was maybe white or asan, which is true, but give credit where credit is due. He is articulate and charismatic, for a human guy.

20. Articulate and charismatic are good qualities for sure. But neither on their own or combined define a persons morals. Previous Clinton was both articulate and charismatic. Those qualities did precious little to strengthen his morals.

Yet I agree it is hard to end any sentence with the like of "for a X guy."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.