Stinger Bore Cleaner, Just A Fad?

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Strangerous, Jan 10, 2008.

Would you buy this product?

This poll will close on Feb 7, 2106 at 1:28 AM.
  1. Yes. (To Test/Use)

100.0%
  2. No. (Not Even To Test It Out)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

White on youtube i found a guy using a Stinger Bore Cleaner...
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sl7JvskVKtQ[/ame]
    Has anyone used this thing, Sure it looks cool, but does it clean worth a dang?
    http://www.rhoseinc.com/
    I'm wondering how you could modify it to shoot out a nail, that way you could shoot the nail into a tree, and pull the shotgun straight back and clean the barrel quicker.

2. Interesting. I find it hard to believe that the shotgun was really as dirty as they made it look, probably lubed the barrel and put some powder down it for ti come clean in just one pull like that. But who knows. If it's a decent price I might have to try it. Hope your joking with the nail bit though, would never work b/c it's not coming out of there with enough force and would have to be a good sized nail and sink in pretty deep for it to not pop out of the wood when pulling. But let's say it did work, would you really want a NAIL shooting down the bore of any of your guns?

3. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

If it was sabot'd...

4. elguapo

elguapo Guest

Anyone ever thought of "Basic Maintenence" when handling/shooting a firearm?

5. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

yeah, i brushed, swabbed, and oiled my shotty last week, and i was looking on the net for tips, and found that product.

6. elguapo

elguapo Guest

Well, I always thought that after a good day of shooting, lead to a night of cleaning them.

But thats just me.

7. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

That's how it goes... but if this product is legit, it would take <3mins to clean a shotty.

8. I guess it would be nice (if it worked) for when you're on a hunting trip or something where taking a cleaning kit really isnt an option, but still prefer the good ol brush, patch, mop method. Wanna make it quicker? Leave out the mop, other then that I dont think any quick product like this will ever do the same as a good ol fashion cleaning.