Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ahhhh...I know something that the Wolverine does not?????? :devilsidesmile: :devilsidesmile: Just kidding, you need to soak the barrel in white vinegar for about 2 hours and then polish by hand with mothers mag polish. i put in enemy at the gates and by the time it was over the barrel was done. the secret is the 5% acid in the vinegar!! from what they say, tennifer is impregnated in the steel and not a coating, the outer coating is what comes off. just going from what they advised at glocktalk.

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
Man I want a Glock 30 so bad.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it is really something, i thought the recoil was going to be bad but it just absorbs the crap out of it, i would say that a follow up shot after a double tap is like a 9mm with +P's in it. i'm really impressed and i said i would never buy another glock, but......another post on the price...$250, so i really could not go wrong.

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
I was told it has the 10mm platform it just has a .45 barrel and it could take the hottest .45 loads you could find for it.

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
let me go look in my glock books. i think the 10mm and 45 platforms were sepratly deisgned, but ill check.

SW
The guy that told me was working behind the counter at the gun shop, might have just been trying to make a sale.

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
the 10mm and 45 frame is physcially the smae size and the rails are the same width but teh ejector and other internals are different (obviously). the 45 glock came first date wise but no infomation exists that proves one was built off the other.

ill leave it at this. my glock 20 in 10mm can push a 155 gr hornady XTP to 1550 FPS without bulging the brass and do it all day. 45 ACP doesnt even approach the pressure level of a 10mm. if the frame will handle 10mm it should handle 45 for a lifetime.

SW

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
He made it sound like the .45 was built off the 10mm, obviously that ain't right.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
my first glock was the 20...shot the shat out of it...that was 15 years ago...this is my second glock, from what i have heard it will take all the stress you can give it. the .45 and 10mm fit in the same holster is all i know!!!

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
basic exterior dimensions are almost exactly the same. the difference falls where the 10mm and 45 casehead size differ. otherwise according to my books they are the same frame. the gen II guns had a difference in the locking block pins i think but that was a minor change anyway.

SW

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OMG if someone else on glocktalk or the sig forum says that the Punisher sticker "will be a liability" if in a SD shooting i'm gonna puke! I am going to quit posting on them starting now. you know sometimes you are a member and you lurk and then you get that thread that you can't resist posting on? that's me, i have to put my comment/picture/whatever and it is normally for the common good, then you get these MF's that all they do is sit around and look for "is is legal length", "did you do the ATF paperwork", "liability in court", et al. I have NEVER posted anything derogatory about a persons firearm. i might have said "not for me" or similar nature, but it's your gun, why should i bust it out. i hate people!

Me and Masso going to move in together!

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
thats glocktalk for you. it happens a littel around here too but we're far more tolerant of stuff like that. i really dont care what you paint on your gun and if the prosecuting attorney has to resort to picking on stickers to make a case, i dont think you have a whole lot to worry aobut.

SW

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
i just took my CCW class roadkill, and I was wondering about that, but wasn't going to say anything. I was wanting to engrave on my new P3At, the punisher motto Si Vis pacem parabellum, but i am concerned about having an SD shooting. The whold hunter vs the hunted you know.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.