Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Expert in Superfluities
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We have 80 gallons on hand in 5 gal containers. It took me about four years to get enough gas to rotate each month. Once a qtr, we have 10 gals to rotate. I pour it into our vehicles and then refill the container. I use the label recommended amount of Stabil and Gumout carb cleaner. The 16 containers of gas are stored in our barn in jugs marked by the month, so rotation is easier.

Do you store gas for a hedge against a SHTF event?
What is your method?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Gas Storage

I store 5 -5 gal. containers for my generator in my shed. Recently the hurricane came through and we were out of power for 4 days. It's nice to have the generator, but it is expensive to operate:eek:. I rotate and care for my gas pretty much the way you do with Sta-bil. I do a six month rotation.

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
you store it very carefully lol!
make sure you have a climate controlled area or something thick enough not to pressurize the container you are storing it in. those red plastic cans are a nono for the back of an SUV because of fumigation but are okay for a pickup. but remember heat is gas worst enemy; if not a spark to ignite the pressure from the alcohol in the gas can build up and cause an explosion if it gets too hot inside the container.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts