Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a strange feeding issue in my C9. Whenever I have a full magazine, insert it in the grip and then rack the slide it gets stuck. I know what you're thinking, polish the feed ramp and tune the mags. I have when i first got aggravated with the problem and started looking for answers on here and elsewhere and not bragging, but they now look exactly like what all the repair videos and diagrams say they should look like. I have 3 magazines (2 8 round and 1 extended mag which I leave loaded) and this gun does it every single time on the first round no matter what magazine I use. I have had this gun nearly 2 years, 1000 rounds down the tube and even sent it in to HP in Mansfield. They replaced a few parts sent it back to me with an extra mag (which I appreciate), but the problem still continues. I have used every kind of ammo in every brand I can think of and have had the same problem every single time. The gun is also oiled properly and i just have no clue what else to do. I really do like Hi-Point. Not a hater at all. I plan on buying a 4095 ts this year if all goes well, but this is so frustrating. It looks like maybe the back of the magazine lips don't fit into the grooves in the slide. Does that even make sense? It can't be that right, not if all the other rounds load and fire properly right? What else can I do? Please help!!!

·
Premium Member
5,927 Posts
SO, you say it's only the first round.

How do you get it to finally load, so you can get to the second round? Like, what do you have to do to make that happen?

Honestly, curious if maybe you aren't racking the slide hard enough? Like, give it a good yank back then just let it go. Are you guiding the slide back with your hand?

·
Super Moderator
25,947 Posts
Sounds like it will be a LRHO issue which you've found the LRHO issue thread already. The pistol guys will be here shortly to sort you out. They'll probably request pictures.

Welcome to the asylum BTW.

·
Banned
6,168 Posts
My question is: you say you "even sent it in to HP in Mansfield"..... If you sent it in, and the problem was not corrected, why did you not immediately call them back and say " hey, you didn't fix it"??

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for the welcome everybody. @tallbump. I usually wack the bottom of the magazine and it usually goes in. When I fire the first round the second goes in just fine as does the 3rd, 4th, etc. If I don't load the magazine to capacity the first round usually but not always goes in properly. I just pull the slide all the way back and let it go like I do with my sccy cpx 2 and glock. No I don't hold on to it. I've had 3 other people do it just to make sure it wasn't me.

Thanks @rachgier

@talon I probably should do that huh? Just frustrated with it and thought this would be the place to ask.

·
Banned
6,168 Posts
In all seriousness, it is what you should do. Its my understanding that a test fire is done on repaired guns. Meaning, the first round had to have worked prior to them returning it. So its not likely a mag issue, or a feed ramp issue.
Either they missed the mark, or its something you are doing wrong.
Before firing it again, rack the slide, pull it back fully and firmly and let it go. It should snap back like it means it. Is it doing that? You could be "riding the slide" forward, which could create a problem. If it does, pull the slide back and look at the chambered round. How does it sit? Nose up? Nose down? Straight up?
These are details that will make a huge difference in helping you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks @talon. I don't think I'm riding the slide, but I will make sure. I will take pictures tomorrow because that will probably make more sense than what I am saying.

·
Resident PITA
16,198 Posts
Other things that can slow the slide down:

bent firing pin
tangled/bent firing pin springs
bent recoil spring
burr/obstruction in firing pin channel
damaged dolls head

But personally I think it's improper racking.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am not riding the slide. My friends who tried it are also not riding the slide. I paid really close attention to that. My mag has the top round where it should be (IMO) before it's inserted, when I rack the slide it still gets stuck, it doesn't do it as often when I have the slide locked back when inserting the magazine. Here are some pics. I hope y'all understand I really am trying to get your help to fix the problem. I'm not trying to be a pain in the but or a wise guy and I'm sorry if I'm describing these things kind of funny. I'm not a complete noob, but I know you guys know more than me and I'm not just great with the lingo.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For some reason when the slide is racked I think it is pushing the nose of the round down sometimes. It doesn't do that as often when the slide is locked back when inserting the mag, but still does it some time. It also gets stuck with the round not nose diving.

·
Resident PITA
16,198 Posts
I am not riding the slide. My friends who tried it are also not riding the slide. I paid really close attention to that. My mag has the top round where it should be (IMO) before it's inserted, when I rack the slide it still gets stuck, it doesn't do it as often when I have the slide locked back when inserting the magazine. Here are some pics. I hope y'all understand I really am trying to get your help to fix the problem. I'm not trying to be a pain in the but or a wise guy and I'm sorry if I'm describing these things kind of funny. I'm not a complete noob, but I know you guys know more than me and I'm not just great with the lingo.
It's all right. We'll work it out. We might bust your balls a bit along the way. Think of it as "Price of Admission".

Now you say it's just the first round? Does it do it if you load the mag 1 or 2 rounds short or just a fully loaded mag?

Also, make sure you lube the firing pin channel. Just lock the slide back, hold it upside down, drip a few drops in the channel and rack the snot out of it.

·
Banned
6,168 Posts
It looks slightly nose down in the chamber. First suggestion, tap the mag prior to inserting it to "seat" the rounds.

What brand of ammo are you using? Ammo can definitely be the issue, some guns just don't like some ammo. Try a different brand.

How long ago did u get it back from HP? How many rounds have you put thru it before you stated having issues again? (Trying to rule out the bent firing pin, etc possibilities).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@cipcup Thank you! I will try that. Really do appreciate the help. It only screws up on full magazines. If I don't fill it to capacity there are no problems.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@talon, sorry for being ignorant, but could you explain the tapping seating thing with some more detail? Sorry. You mean like hitting the back of a full mag with your palm?

I have used every kind of brass I can find. FMJ and Jhp. Winchester, federal, Remington, hornady, I think even some monarch. All kinds of brass.

I got it back Friday and put about 50 rounds through yesterday.

·
Resident PITA
16,198 Posts
It only screws up on full magazines. If I don't fill it to capacity there are no problems.
We have a winner. Mag springs too tight. Mags still need breaking in.

·
Banned
6,168 Posts
@talon, sorry for being ignorant, but could you explain the tapping seating thing with some more detail? Sorry. You mean like hitting the back of a full mag with your palm?

I have used every kind of brass I can find. FMJ and Jhp. Winchester, federal, Remington, hornady, I think even some monarch. All kinds of brass.

I got it back Friday and put about 50 rounds through yesterday.
Its that simple, yes. Just whack it good on the palm of your hand.

·
Just a Man
14,271 Posts
Gimme a break....he just said hes put over 1000 rounds thru it and has had it for two years.:foilhat: Mag springs the problem yea...ok.
And lack of extractor has zero to do with first round loading..... Find another 50 cent solution....

·
Resident PITA
16,198 Posts
Gimme a break....he just said hes put over 1000 rounds thru it and has had it for two years.:foilhat: Mag springs the problem yea...ok.
Spread out across 3 C-9 mags? Yea. They can still be quite stiff.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts