Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
6,168 Posts
Gimme a break....he just said hes put over 1000 rounds thru it and has had it for two years.:foilhat: Mag springs the problem yea...ok.
He also said he sent it back to HP for repairs, is still having issues. It takes no effort to leave the mags loaded until a better solution is found. Like stated in an earlier post, HP test fires each gun prior to return, so a first round would have to have been loaded, and they should have had the same problem. Instead of keeping the pisssing contest going with cicpup , why not offer a useful suggestion that might help the poster?

·
Just a Man
14,271 Posts
He also said he sent it back to HP for repairs, is still having issues. It takes no effort to leave the mags loaded until a better solution is found. Like stated in an earlier post, HP test fires each gun prior to return, so a first round would have to have been loaded, and they should have had the same problem. Instead of keeping the pisssing contest going with cicpup , why not offer a useful suggestion that might help the poster?
I'm thinking there's a good chance the gun is test fired with only one bullet in the mag, so the LRHO can be tested at the same time...

·
Just a Man
14,271 Posts
Very possible Bull. That's still why we are trying to help him find a solution.
Well that was the extent of my 50 cent opinion.....

·
Resident PITA
16,197 Posts
It takes no effort to leave the mags loaded until a better solution is found.
Leaving loaded kinda works, sorta. Actually need to work them up n down. Wouldn't hurt to take them apart, emory any rough edges and a touch of lube.

Like stated in an earlier post, HP test fires each gun prior to return, so a first round would have to have been loaded, and they should have had the same problem.
I'm with bull. Doubt they fully load the mag to test it.

·
Super Moderator
25,929 Posts
First and only warning. If this conversation goes any further away from helping the OP with his problem and turns in to another pissing contest, there will be 2 definite outcomes.

1. The posts will be removed.

2. Any further adversarial posts will result in a 2-day vacation.

·
No longer broke...
21,914 Posts
There has been an issue with the Last Round Hold Open pushing the first round in the mag nose down.
OP ( Original Poster) and do us a favor.
Take the slide off the gun, tap the back of a full mag in the palm of your hand and slowly insert it.
See if the LHRO tab pushes the first round down.
Let us know.
Solutions to follow.

·
Registered
602 Posts
My only qualm is whenever a new user has a malfunction, all I read is "tweak fed lips," "polish feed ramp, "tap you magazine." Its all a bunch off worthless baloney.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,014 Posts
My only qualm is whenever a new user has a malfunction, all I read is "tweak fed lips," "polish feed ramp, "tap you magazine." Its all a bunch off worthless baloney.
These are the basics for looking at a HP they are the main problems.

·
Premium Member
9,308 Posts
A round that goes nose down certainly would appear to be the result of a magazine issue or the LRHO, as SWAGA mentioned. It certainly doesn't seem to have much to do with the slide. The photos certainly indicate as much.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
So.... Apparently there is a lot to talk about on this subject. Thanks for all the input and ideas. So oil some spots. Maybe send it back again. Do something to the magazine other than leave them loaded for a long period of time. Oh and petition HP to add an extractor... But first do SWAGA's thing and post pics. Am I missing anything? I will do that soon.

·
Just a Man
14,271 Posts
So.... Apparently there is a lot to talk about on this subject. Thanks for all the input and ideas. So oil some spots. Maybe send it back again. Do something to the magazine other than leave them loaded for a long period of time. Oh and petition HP to add an extractor... But first do SWAGA's thing and post pics. Am I missing anything? I will do that soon.
No...... You covered it all!......

21 - 40 of 47 Posts