Strict parents or looney tunes ?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by SWAGA, Jul 7, 2015.

1. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Personally I'd think they should have send the daughter to live with grandma as she's a little more compassionate.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...p-tart.html?via=newsletter&source=DDAfternoon

2. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Idiots..........

3. i dont think the punishment fits the crime, also the woods with wild boars sounds too dangerous

I am all for the right to discipline your child how you see fit. But it sounds like abuse to me. or maybe abandonment?

4. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Nothing wrong with giving your kids the proverbial kick in the teeth once in a while and it does sound like a difficult teenager in the height of puberty but what they did was criminal.
    Like I said....gramma

5. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

If the teen goes back with her parents, I see her moving out at 18 and turning into a fat hooker out of spite

6. thundercroozer

thundercroozer Supporting Member

Yea, looney toons get my vote. I don't see a problem with a punisment fitting the crime, but if that punishment was for eating a pop tart, what would it be for something serious.

7. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Way overboard and criminal! Parents are nut cases from the sounds of it. Steroid rage?

8. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    The parents sound like thugs who are revelling in their sense of superiority over their daughter. They aren't trying to teach her anything. Instead, they are scourging her out of contempt, and their behavior reflects not one iota of love for her.

9. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    It's stupid as can be, and utterly contemptible, ...but I really don't see any laws being broken.

Honestly...a week in a tent in the summer? Meals at home...a few hundred yards away? People pay money to have their kids do this, I don't see any physical abuse.

Mentally though? These two idiots are well on the way to screwing that kid up as badly as they already seem to be. They seem to be threatening the girl with banishment.:cool:

I also love the idiotic news media attempt to make it seem like abuse to force the other kid to use a hose for water. Not to mention...if she got "really hungry"...seriously? Like she might starve? In one day?:rolleyes:

People on both sides of this story are pretty sorry humans.

10. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

I still drink from the hose when I'm outside doing yard work, and I have a goofy kid who will actually go outside just to drink from the hose because he thinks it's cool. They should arrest me for making him come back inside to get a drink of ice-cold, filtered water from the cooler.

11. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

You beat me to every salient point.

I think I hate you. ;)

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

12. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Great minds, brother.;)