Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having issues with my 995 when I press the mag release, when I press it the mag won't come out, I have to pull and tug to get it to release, when I removed the receiver and assembled just the mag release it dropped fine, but when I put the receiver inside the stock, stuck mag again, did a search didn't find anything...

·
Registered
296 Posts
I had a similar problem when I put on my ATI. Seemed the spring well was not deep enough. When assembled, and I pressed the release, I could see that the spring was fully compressed and still the release was not far enough in to let go of the mag. I sat for about an hour, taking off like a 1/4 of a ring at a time, re-assembling the whole thing each time, till I got the release to clear the mag. Still has plenty of spring power to keep the mag in, and just does let it release. Take a look at it with the action out. I suspect you will see a similar problem. IF you deside to start trimming the spring, go in tiny, tiny steps. You don't want to remove any more than is absolutly necessary. Just my experience with the ATI, YMMV.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Adjusting or centering the mag release will cure most problems, be sure to lock-tite the screw[blue]. Mine took pliers to remove when first installed, Since has worked perfectly with both oem and pro-mag magazines.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How would you go about adjusting it? When I put mine in, the slot where the spring goes in keeps the mag in a stationary position

·
Registered
148 Posts
You have to disassemble the rifle so you are left with just the ATI stock that way you can see the mag release.Then adjust the screw til the mag releases easily.then do it again with the locktite.I wish I had taken pics, but when you can see directly into the stock, it really is very simple.Mine latches positively, and drops into my hand when I push the release button.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have assembled the mag release with just the stock and it works fine, but when I put the reciever back on that's when it gets stuck

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just had this problem today. Just got the rifle last week and today was my first day at the range. After 21 rounds (I know this because like a good citizen I put only 7 rounds in each time) the magazine no longer released from the grip. I installed the ATI stock myself when I got the rifle.

When you say shorten the spring do you mean actually clipping off little bits at a time until this doesn't happen?

How do I get the magazine out now? If I disassemble the gun and pull apart the frame will the clip drop out?

also -

The retaining clip that is inserted on the bottom of the stock (where you place your left hand) came out into my hand during shooting. I placed it back, but now I notice that the clip does not fit fully against the retainer.

Any advice on both issues is appreciated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.