Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Premium Member
790 Posts
First time poster here :D

I have been thinking about buying a 995 or 4095 since holding one and I have a couple questions.

Is there any tell-tale signs to look for when buying one of the carbines? The one I am looking at is at a local gunshop and I noticed when I pushed the mag release button that it doesn't drop out any.

Granted I not an expert with firearms but most of the guns with mags that I have fired, the mag drops freely out or at least drops a few inches. Is this indicative of a problem or just an unbroken in gun?

Also the price of the 995 is $219 here in East TN. I had heard that the price was going to be going up but I'm not sure if that is still fair price.

Thank you all, been reading post here for a month or so doing my homework and it has helped out a lot. :)

-Brandon
The mags DO NOT drop freely from the 995 & must be pulled out. Don't worry though. With a little oil on the mechanisms & after some firing time it will loosen up some.

I paid $200 + Tax for mine & you could always make an offer for less & see what they say. You'll spend more in gas searching around for a cheaper one so it may be worth it to pay $219 for it.

Also, as ThePBM has stated, the 995 does not have a "Last Round Hold Open" feature, so you will be counting your shots which is a good habit to get into.

The 995 is a fine, bare bones gun & you will enjoy the heck out of shooting it.
Stay away from the Pro-Mag Magazines though. Just buy the 995 mags from Hi-Point or make sure you buy Hi-Point factory mags from your gun shop.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.