Stupid Criminals

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by robertgreen_86, Dec 15, 2007.

1. Kind of makes the idea we all need more cops to make us safe invalid. There's the law, on the spot, and the guy drives away.

Bad Cop--no donut!

:oops:

2. This coulda solved the theft problems

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0znczH5sOnQ[/ame]

3. Heres the BEST anti carjacking device [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDRme0HeXq4&feature=related[/ame]

4. bombadillo

bombadillo Member

I got a story from last night. I am sleeping cozily in my bed at 4:00 am and I get a call from my bro-in-law. "Get up and go look for my truck, it was just stolen from my house!" I couldn't believe it so I grabbed a 30 second shower and packed up my .45 and made it out. I was looking for a 2004 f250 powerstroke 4 door longbed lifted 4" with 35" tires. Not a hard car to spot. I hop in my wife's car which is faster than my little pickup and literally as I'm pulling out of my driveway the truck I'm supposed to be looking for is doing 75-80 in a 35 zone in front of my house. I start hauling some major butt and chased him for about 10-15 minutes with 911 on the line telling me to stop chasing him but still asking where our location was. We ended up going right back toward my bro's house where a highway patrol officer was doing an incident report of what had just happened. All of a sudden we go flying by so he jumps in his patrol car and sirens blaring joins in the pursuit. I let up on the gas so he can go around and he just flew by me and two guys jump out. The first guy runs like crazy and the 2nd guy bails the other way. 2 sherriffs and another highway patrol show up and found one guy hidden under a car less than a block from where he stole the truck from originally! They throw him in the back after gettin him out with guns drawn and ready. He is 18 years old and pisses himself in the back of the car. The other guy turns himself in about 2 hours later and says that he was the driver and the other kid had nothing to do with it. They both got booked with felony Grand theft auto and felony receiving stolen property. The guy who turned himself in got 8 counts against him including 3 felonies and 5 misdemeanors. I'll keep you posted what happens with the case as it unfolds.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. wow.....g;ad it worked out for you and no one got hurt.

6. elguapo

elguapo Guest

Not to sound like a Hardliner...but what if they pulled over while you were chasing them? I wont even go there.
    Calling 911 and telling them was the best part, be the best witness you could, and let it go. Its property. That can be replaced. You, had the aforementioned situation gone sour, cannot be replaced.

Glad to hear everything worked out!

7. You did well. People need to quit just accepting 'crime happens' don't do anything. When people reassert their rights, those rights get recognized.

You could have sat at home and commisserated with your BIL regarding the loss of his property: "Sorry Bro, but y'know it's just a truck, it's insured, don't feel too bad." Instead, you helped to put two scumbags in custody where they belong.

8. bombadillo

bombadillo Member

Thats kinda what I think, but each has their own opinion. I handled it to the best of my ability by doing what I thought was right. I will absolutely not sit there and let things happen. I know our system is not perfect but many times if you don't take things into your own hands, nothing will be done about it. Beyond a shadow of a doubt, if I hadn't been at the right place at the right time, he wouldn't be in jail right now. I also don't feel like I want to live like a prisoner in my own community. I try to be the best witness possible but I am also not going to watch somebody walk away with a 35k truck if there is something that I can possibly do about it. We have gun rights and laws for a reason. I will use my right to do whatever possible to protect myself, my family, and our posessions. That includes my sister, bro-in-law, and nieces and nephews. I will not cower to someone because of the thought that they may have a gun or I could possibly be hurt.

Also, the driver currently has 8 charges put against him. 3 felony, 5 misdemeanor. The passenger has 2 felony counts against him. Both will be either serving time or thoroughly punished for what they have done.

9. DLC

DLC Member

Stupid, stupid, stupid.......Three of my favorites

When his 38-calibre revolver failed to fire at his intended
    victim during a hold-up in Long Beach, California, wouldbe
    robber James Elliot did something that can only inspire
    wonder. He peered down the barrel and tried the trigger
    again. This time it worked.....

A man walked into a Louisiana Circle-K, put a $20 bill on the counter, and
    asked for change. When the clerk opened the cash drawer, the man pulled agun and asked for all the cash in the register, which the clerk promptly provided. The man took the cash from the clerk and fled, leaving the $20bill on the counter. The total amount of cash he got from the drawer... $15.(If someone points a gun at you and gives you money, is a crime committed?)

Seems an Arkansas guy wanted some beer pretty badly. He decided that
    he'd just throw a cinderblock through a liquor store window, grab some
    booze, and run. So he lifted the cinderblock and heaved it over his head at
    the window. The cinderblock bounced back and hit the would-be thief on
    the head, knocking him unconscious. The liquor store window was made of
    Plexiglas. The whole event was caught on videotape.

*puts head in hand* DOH!!!