Stupid little brown bird...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by mr_flintstone, Nov 20, 2017.

1. mr_flintstone

mr_flintstone Supporting Member

There's a little brown bird that's been pooping on my car and truck mirrors and all down the sides of the doors. Every time I try to get a shot at the little bastard, he flys toward the house, or the barn, or somewhere else I can't shoot at him. I finally got a bead on him with my Marlin 60 yesterday in a tree with a clear line of sight, and I shot the limb out from under his feet. Then he flew and lit on the bathroom window sill and laughed at me. At least that's what it sounded like. Tomorrow, I'm going to try some 38 special bird shot through my Henry. If that doesn't do it, I'm going with the 12 gauge. Stupid little bird!

Merle likes this.
  2. truck

truck Supporting Member

He's just looking at himself in the mirrors. Cover the mirrors and will he go away.

EDIT to add "will"

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017

3. thundercroozer

thundercroozer Supporting Member

Stupid little brown bird sounds like he maybe a little smarter than you give him credit..

4. mr_flintstone

Th
    That was my thought too, but I've been tying Walmart bags around the mirrors for three weeks. I think he's in it for the long haul. I usually let animals be animals, but he's starting to get on my nerves.

5. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Choot em, choot him now.

6. My nemesis is a Cardinal that likes to battle his image in my side view mirror. Always leaves scratches and loads of poop running down my door. He comes back every once in a while. Only reason he's still alive is them dam "discharging a weapon within city limits" laws.

7. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

[​IMG]

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

Thirtyeighter and budman70 like this.
  8. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

While they were building my garage I had to park outside. I had a grackle shred the rubber along the edge of the window on my truck as he went at the mirror fighting himself... Never could get a shot at him either. I would come out and he would fly in with the rest of 40 or so that hang around all summer...

9. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

10. mr_flintstone

That's a whole lotta readin! What happens if my cat eats one of the birds on that list? Does he go to kitty-jail?

11. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Well...

[​IMG]

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

12. Dane

Dane + unkown number of likes Supporting Member

I️ was going to suggest to get a cat!

13. greg_r

I probably should have left well enough alone. But I had visions of the person who had his picture taken with a trophy trout and put it in the paper the day before trout season opened. :rolleyes:

Basically what it says is if you kill a bird that is indigent to the United States and/or, Canada, or Mexico, or Japan, or Russia, you could be charged with a felony and be fined.

14. histed

histed Supporting Member

In the words of Don Corleone "Da bawdy mus neva be faund" or Da boyd sleeps wida fishes"
    [​IMG]

15. I don't think any bird is very needy to the US or Canada. But I know a bunch are indigenous to both...

:)

16. greg_r

Don't cha love spelchek

17. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

The cardinal is the state bird here in Ohio, so I'm not sure how that would be handled here.

18. greg_r

I don't know the Ohio State laws, but the migratory bird thing is federal anyways.

I found out about the law years ago. A friend of the family was shooting Jays. He was fined, rifle confiscated and found guilty of a misdemeanor.

19. 2012gt

2012gt Well-Known Member

20. greg_r

I just looked up our state statutes. It said you must first try non-lethal means. Capture and release, education, harassment, and property modification. If non-lethal means do not work, you must get a state depredation permit AND a federal depredation permit from the Atlanta GA office.

Merle likes this.