Stupid TV gun stuff.

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by ajole, Mar 2, 2016.

1. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I'm watching a tv detective drama, and there's a "sniper".

They've been making a BIG deal about how good this guy must be, it was windy, the drift must have been 6-7 inches (though there was a screen shot of a "ballistic report" talking about 4-5 feet; one of the detectives talking about how the bullet could just fall out of the air unless the shooter was really good...)

So the shot was at an astounding distance, right? I mean, they keep mentioning how good this guy must be, and how he must have special training.

You're like me right? 1200 yards? 1500 yards? Impressive, right?

But no.

70 yards.

That's right.

70 freaking yards.:rolleyes:

Absolutely incredible.:cool:

So...got any other ridiculous TV show gun stupidity?

2. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

Not TV, but on the news tonight. Guy and girl friend were doing selfies out in WA and the guy shot and killed himself with a selfie. Girl friend said they had been taking selfies with the pistol all day. Idiots!!!

3. OkSlim

OkSlim Member

Any TV show/Movie that has someone driving towards you to run over you and you have an automatic weapon. What do you do? Shoot the radiator out on full auto.

SMFH

4. MXGreg

MXGreg Supporting Member

The 15+ round pump action shotgun.

The cocking and/or un-cocking of the hammer on a Glock.

How quickly raising a hand gun into a shooting position automatically makes the sound of the slide racking, even if it's a revolver.

5. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Welllllll....ok. But unless the car is a few miles away, you'll just get anti freeze on you when it hits you.:confused:

6. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    You beat me to it. That one's my favorite. They also auto-rack when unholstering.

Shotguns can be racked several times without ejecting a shell yet fire when needed.

Only Harry Callahan's revolver is limited to six rounds between reloads.

If someone claims they own a firearm those around them will react as if they just admitted to molesting toddlers.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  7. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

It doesn't get more stupid than this:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HrBR_kXIHw[/ame]

But I think the absolute funniest one I saw was a syfy movie, Zombie Apocalypse. There was a scene where one of the main female characters found a LMG that was mounted to a shopping cart... it was belt fed but as she was shooting the hundreds of zombies in the alley, the belt wasn't feeding, no brass ejecting, nada... they just added the flash to the muzzle via "special" effects...

8. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Dude!.... I saw that too!..... Maybe the worst gun effects ever..... Truly awful.

9. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

I'm a sucker for bad syfy movies, which they have a ton of!! But I actually like Z Nation :rolleyes:

I'm sure I can remember more, American Battleships (Battleship SyFy version) with Mario Van Peebles had a few of those scenes too...

You want stupid gun stuff just watch some syfy channel :rofl:

10. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

I love Z nation, in zombie apocalypse they found an M2 and mounted it on a shopping cart, the belt didn't move and no recoil. The puddytat at the end was a nice touch.

11. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Or the A-Team, the series, where they all fired like a millions shots
    and no one ever died :p :rofl:

12. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Gosh, it goes on and on and on. And has for decades. Does anyone remember "Mat Dillon" blinking during his quick draw during the Title Sequence on Gunsmoke. ...for like TWENTY BLASTED YEARS!

Frankly, your question is just too easy. The better question is maybe, "Have you seen any TV shows with honest & realistic firearms?" That's more challenging. Want to see gun stupidity, just pick any show with any episode that has a gun in it. It's automatically stupid by default and technical director has to fight to fix the writer & director's idiocy.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

13. Dragonbreath

Dragonbreath Member

Alabama
    I saw a old episode of Magnum PI where Magnum fired 16 or 17 rounds out of a 1911 without reloading. In the same episode, you see a murder take place and the gun was clearly a 'ring of fire' 22 or 25. Then in the next scene, the police are at the crime scene and the investigator says the shell casings were from a 38 special.

14. desertrider

desertrider Member

Don't you be talkin' 'bout my A - Team!

I pity the foo!

15. rmuniz9336

rmuniz9336 Member

I've never really sat down to really watch the weapons play in it (I just watched to enjoy), but at least they ended up having to scavenge for ammo was Battle: Los Angeles. I'm pretty sure I noticed that they dropped magazines at least a few times to reload.

Might have to watch it again to be sure.

16. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

The blanks prop was actually chambered in 9mm.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

17. my biggest pet peeve is the hammer sound on EVERY GUN when they point it.

second, is on TWD which is generally pretty good about the guns. They show daryl shooting that cross bow like hulk.
    Im telling you, you cant cock that thing one handed, while its on your shoulder still. unless its such a low bow, like a 50lb pull. But then he wouldn't be making those crazy shots 50 yards and more.

third: also the walking dead, Rick uses that beautiful Python, but he never reloads, and uses no speed loaders?

I do commend them though. When they show a persons point of view with the python pointed at there head, you can see the other 5 bullets in it. f*cking beautiful.

18. Hollow points at that!

My pet peeve gun show is Gunfather. I mean really, they show maybe 30 seconds worth of guns and the rest is blah blah blah....with ya crazy wife and that hair do!

19. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

I've never seen a scene/photo of Rick "aiming" the gun correctly. Not even Point Shooting correct "aim." Always looks way over the top and cants the barrel down, breaking the wrist. :(

I wish they'd teach the actors to actually shoot.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

20. smills41

smills41 Member

really liked Keanu in john wick. he was constantly reloading. :) altho ugh, I had to stop and say wth when he got thrown off the balcony, landed on his back, then rolls on his side and pull a snubby from a small of the back rig