Suicide By Cop....

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Hermitt, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

Man Fatally Shot After Pulling Fake Gun on Calif. Cops Left Behind Note for Them: ‘Dear Officer(s)’

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...cers-left-behind-note-for-cops-dear-officers/

2. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

I don't agree with suicide..... But these POS's that ruin others lives with the ultimate display of self centered behavior, deserve no peace..... It's a terrible thing to say, and not the way I should think..... But dammit, those cops lives are forever scarred, along with their families, and everyone involved..... Because one selfish prick couldn't live with himself, but felt the need to ruin others lives as well... The note does nothing to make things better.

3. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

What a POS.. hope he rots in hell.

4. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Mmmmm.....
    I teared up a little reading that....no joke.
    How sad does your life have to be to write such a thing.
    At least he was polite enough to explain himself.
    Most of them don't.
    Guess I'm the bleeding heart Liberal again.

5. Back2School

Back2School Member

Maybe I'm a heartless bastard, but if he did that to me and I had to pull the trigger on him, it would not have scarred me. Like you SWAGA, I would have felt compassion for anyone that far gone, but I would feel NO guilt at pulling the trigger to defend myself. I would have felt worse for the guy who felt he had to die.

6. SWAGA

Oh, don't get me wrong.
    I would have shot him but that's not the point.
    Usual you don't know why and can only suspect it and now you catch just a glimpse of somebody else life.
    Everybody at some point in their life knew somebody who was just barely hanging on at the fringes of life.
    I know I do.

7. Bull

We all have..... But this wasn't a cry for help..... I find it hard to believe you don't have the will to take a handful of pills, jump off a cliff, or drop a toaster in the tub with yourself.... But you'll pull a fake pistol on cops to make them kill you?.... Bullsh*t!....

8. VinnieD

VinnieD Member

Well uhm.... mission accomplished I guess.

9. Back2School

Back2School Member

I cant write things in proper context for anything. I didnt mean to imply you would not have shot him. That was more directed at the folks above.

I also understand about knowing people like that. I know several that are in my close personal family right now that are not too far from that :(

Not trying to be a keyboard cowboy, but when your plate is full trying to keep up with people are trying to survive, you don't have time to worry over someone who "opted out".

"Death has a dignity all its own"

10. monsterdawg

monsterdawg Member

Going with Swaga on this one. Bull, it may be BS, but for whatever reason, the person could not bring himself to do some of the things you suggest. He did victimize the officers involved and that isn't right, but noone in anywhere near their right mind would've done what he did.

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

11. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    While I don't like the idea of people making their own problems into other people's problems, as the suicidal case did, I have to say that at least he felt enough guilt over what he was doing to apologize to the officers. Most people like him don't bother to have that kind of consideration.

I certainly hope that the officers involved in the shooting don't suffer a single night's loss of sleep over this. They did the right thing, and while taking a life is never an ideal solution, a him-or-me scenario makes it just about the only available solution in a lot of cases. The suicidal case sucked them in by presenting that scenario to the officers. My thoughts are with them, and I hope that they move on from this with no regrets.

12. Bull

I not saying you guys are wrong..... I just hate that it involved others....

13. Back2School

Back2School Member

Bull, there are people who really are on the edge wanting to die. Its not a cry for help. Those who do it as a cry for help really dont want to die.

Someone like this knows they want to die and know they may not be able to finish it themselves and leave them living in a worse hell then they are already in. Think using a gun in the mouth but turning your head at the last second and lose half your face but not dying - happened to my uncles stepson.

I am not saying this is great, that anyone should do it, but I can logically see why they did it. In their own sick twisted way, they wanted to to their best to ensure there was no damage to the officer for what he did. Stupid but anyone wanting to kill themselves is not thinking clearly. I pity them, I dont get angry at them.

14. monsterdawg

monsterdawg Member

Couldn't agree more. Desperation creates selfishness sometimes. I went to school with a guy who jumped in front of a train. The guy driving the train committed suicide later because of the grief/stress/guilt he felt for not being able to stop the train. So my friend killed two people that day in a way. Very selfish? Yes! But he was incapable of doing anything else at that time. He was one of those guys nobody could help. Something was wrong and comparing him to a notmal person is apples and oranges.

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

15. SWAGA

An uncle of mine became a cop at age 18 and at 19 they were called to a train jumper.
    Not only was he the one to find the head but his buddies also 'volunteered' him to notify the next of kin.
    Brutal.....

16. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

Have to wonder if the guy was on any kind of medication.
    My cousin Mark shot himself over a year ago. No one really knew why he done it, his life was going good. His mom got to looking around on the internet and found some "signs" that Mark had left, but she didn't realize them at the time. She read where some people acted one way or another and she got to thinking about how Mark showed all those signs/symptoms before he shot himself. She said he was taking medication for depression, but he might have really had bi-polar disorder. When taking meds for depression, but you're bipolar, you tend to have an increased suicide risk, among other things.
    Mark's oldest son was exibiting some of the same things, so they got him on the right meds and he seems to be doing fine now. If anything, Mark did allow his son to find out what was going on with him before it was too late.

17. SWAGA

18. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

I think that's one of the biggest problems with the pharmaceutical companies. They show all kinds of commercials, people go to the doctor and say they have X symptoms and need Y drug, even if they're nowhere near actually having X disease.

From what I've read, the US and New Zealand are the only 2 countries in the world that allow tv commercials for different medications

19. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

BS... he wrote that to make himself feel better and to justify to himself what he did to them. He didn't give a squat about what he forced them to do and was not sorry about any of it.

Whether the shooting is justified or not, ANY Officer who is forced to take a life loses sleep over it and second guesses their actions, and I don't know one Officer who doesn't regret having to take someones life... justified or not.

20. wganz

wganz Supporting Member

He is so right here.
    To be so wrong there.