Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Summer Reading Suggestions;

Boston's Gun Bible - Excellent work if a tad dated still a great resource.

Molon Labe! - Excellent fiction piece done on the possibility of a well run Free State Movement. Not the mismanaged mess in NH.

Patriots: A Novel of Survival in the Coming Collapse - Great story of realistic expectations under SHTF conditions.

Give them a try you may even learn something.

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Well this is the 3rd time in under a month someone has recommended Bostons to me, gonna have to make that purchase now.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You wont regret it just be aware he pulls no punches which is his best trait.

get a hell of an education too. Free shipping at Amazon btw.

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts

Molon Labe! - Excellent fiction piece done on the possibility of a well run Free State Movement. Not the mismanaged mess in NH.

Patriots: A Novel of Survival in the Coming Collapse - Great story of realistic expectations under SHTF conditions.

Can you give the author name for this book? I've read one book called Patriots but not sure if it's the same one!

·
Registered
81 Posts

James Wesley Rawles of Survival Blog wrote Patriots.

Can you give the author name for this book? I've read one book called Patriots but not sure if it's the same one!

·
Registered
282 Posts
So far my summer reading list includes Steinbeck's "East of Eden", Harper Lee's "To Kill A Mockingbird" and Glenn Beck's "Common Sense".

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
Just got "Patriots" yesterday and am almost finished with it. WOW, what a good read. I can't put it down. It's got some great info and is a good read to boot. I'm no where near as informed or as prepared as these guys are but it sure opens your eyes. My to do list isn't that far off the mark compared to there's, but I sure don't have the money either. Guess I better go to his blog site and get more info!!

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do what you can while you can, in particular try to stop it from happening.

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
Do what you can while you can, in particular try to stop it from happening.
+100% on doing what you can, but I've lost some much faith in our government and the political system that it's hard to keep talking to the politicans. I know so many family members are stuck in a rut of trying to live their lives and chasing the American dream and think that they are owed something. IMO, if the 2010 elections don't bring about a major change then 2012 will be a waste. A radical change in government is paramount to our survival of American life as we know it. I just don't think enough Americans are willing to force the changes needed, and force is what it will take, IMO!

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
if its not impolite Rhodes, i would like to suggest another book.

Confessions of an Economic Hitman, by John Perkins. A book about corruption involving the US Govt, the IMF, The World Bank, and foreign Govt's. A thought provoking read.

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
if its not impolite Rhodes, i would like to suggest another book.

Confessions of an Economic Hitman, by John Perkins.
oh +1, that is a neat read.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We have gone way beyond that, we are now in the fight to save the fabric of the of what shreds of our liberty remain. What good is it to just confirm that some power mad guys in DC twist and corrupt everything they they touch? I can do that by turning on CNN and seeing them call an angry crowd of 8-10 thousand in Columbus Ohio "a few hundred" protesters. Meanwhile they expended hours of airtime on six protesters outside Bushes ranch, the agenda is crystal clear unless you are taking the koolaide via IV.

We now border on totalitarianism, the media is all but controlled except for one cable network and a few radio stations. Economic Hitman would have been great reading if the guy had done his job while it mattered back in the Eighties. Now its just yeah we know that already. Now the task to get people woke up to the fact that it no longer the Third World that in jeopardy its us. I can only hope that it works. So nice work...way too late.

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
We have gone way beyond that, we are now in the fight to save the fabric of the of what shreds of our liberty remain. What good is it to just confirm that some power mad guys in DC twist and corrupt everything they they touch? I can do that by turning on CNN and seeing them call an angry crowd of 8-10 thousand in Columbus Ohio "a few hundred" protesters. Meanwhile they expended hours of airtime on six protesters outside Bushes ranch, the agenda is crystal clear unless you are taking the koolaide via IV.

We now border on totalitarianism, the media is all but controlled except for one cable network and a few radio stations. Economic Hitman would have been great reading if the guy had done his job while it mattered back in the Eighties. Now its just yeah we know that already. Now the task to get people woke up to the fact that it no longer the Third World that in jeopardy its us. I can only hope that it works. So nice work...way too late.
just curious, have you already read it?

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Because the chapters were so short it became err personal library material for a few weeks. Some of the info was new but in no way surprising. We have pretty much been on this path since Teddy Roosevelt for certain and possibly earlier if you really want to dig into it. I just wish he had grown a set and published in 84 instead.

Yeah I know its easy to say that when its not you that will disappear or meet some untimely accident. But Ive become a bit less forgiving of things since last year.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.