Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m thinking in this day and time you may need some ‘suppressive’ time-to-run-and-get-away fire against a larger group of un-friendlies.
From the blue track suit video you can see how much of a pandemonium a handful of shots create.
Not knowing the identity nor the position of the shooter.
Might be a reason for an extra mag.

·
Administrator
24,380 Posts
I'm thinking in this day and time you may need some 'suppressive' time-to-run-and-get-away fire against a larger group of un-friendlies.
From the blue track suit video you can see how much of a pandemonium a handful of shots create.
Suppressing fire... tha fuck you been smokin'?

If you don't know the who or where, what the hell are you going to be suppressing and in what direction?

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Suppressing fire... tha fuck you been smokin'?

If you don't know the who or where, what the hell are you going to be suppressing and in what direction?
'Suppressive' in the sense of keeping a mob from coming after you and generally keep everybody running and confused.
Not aimed shots targeting a specific threat per se.
Poor choice of words maybe but still technically correct:

In military science, suppressive fire is mostly used for advancing on battlefield (commonly called covering fire) is "fire that degrades the performance of an enemy force below the level needed to fulfill its mission". Suppression is usually only effective for the duration of the fire.
Maybe 'dispersing' is a better word.

·
Administrator
24,380 Posts
'Suppressive' in the sense of keeping a mob from coming after you and generally keep everybody running and confused.
Not aimed shots targeting a specific threat per se.
Poor choice of words maybe but still technically correct:

Maybe 'dispersing' is a better word.
No, it's not. You're not just going to fire indiscriminately, with a handgun, in the general direction of a large group of people to back them off and you're not going to fire spoilers. That's called catching felonies. If you want to stop an angry mob that you believe is immediately intent on committing grievous injury and damage to your person... shoot the closest mf'er to you. If you're going to catch a felony for pulling the trigger, you might as well put a body on that bullet.

And you're seriously going to quote military tactics to me, of all people? Now I know you're dumber than a box of rocks.

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
And you're seriously going to quote military tactics to me, of all people? Now I know you're dumber than a box of rocks.
Back off grumpy.
I don't think you'd give a fuck about felonies when you're being chased by a mob, which is exactly what posters above me were referring to.
Nobody said firing "into" a crowd except you.
Stop twisting what I'm trying to say.
When a mob decides you look like Roosevelt or Johnson they'll scatter when the shootings starts.
Which is when you get away.

·
Administrator
24,380 Posts
Back off grumpy.
I don't think you'd give a fuck about felonies when you're being chased by a mob, which is exactly what posters above me were referring to.
Nobody said firing "into" a crowd except you.
Stop twisting what I'm trying to say.
When a mob decides you look like Roosevelt or Johnson they'll scatter when the shootings starts.
Which is when you get away.

Did I say in to the crowd? No, I said in the general direction of. I even specifically referenced warning shots and spoilers. If you're so scared of a mob of people that you'll pull your sidearm and pop off a few warning shots, you're an idiot.

And suppressing fire is aimed AT the threat in an effort to keep them from being able to return fire. So tell me again how blasting round off indiscriminately is "suppressing" anyone? All you're doing is giving away your position, your defensive capabilities, and inviting yourself to be shot by somebody in your hoard of angry basement dwellers or the cops.

Like I said before. If I believe that my health and safety are in jeopardy by an approaching mob... I'm fuckin' shootin' somebody.

·
Premium Member
9,182 Posts
suppressing fire in a social setting and you will be going away to the hoosegow.

by definition you are blindly firing to cause the the other people to keep their heads down. you even state this. a military tactic that does not play well in the civilian world.

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
3C0FC914-F62F-44CA-B9F4-5D8579045569.jpeg

A'right, I've seen the error of my ways.
No more random shooting into rioting crowds...:(

·
Premium Member
9,230 Posts
If your being surrounded by a mob, they'll most likely back off after you shoot the first one. If one of them is armed (as seems to be the case at this point) that person, however, will probably shoot back at you. The unarmed members of that mob will probably try not to get between you and that person, so the mob will get back from you and stay back. At that point, the only one you'll be able to shoot at will be that armed individual who is engaging you.

Does anyone remember the guy in (Seattle if memory serves) who was surrounded by a mob when he accidentally drove into the midst of protesters, who then shot one of them who punched him through his window? Those people (term loosely used) all moved back from him very quickly.

There will be no need for suppressive fire, as reckless as the practice would be. A mob will not do a human wave towards an armed individual, taking casualties until you run out of ammo. Mobs only remain violent so long as they maintain an advantage over their solitary, unarmed victims.

·
Premium Member
35,651 Posts
If I ever fire my gun in public, it’s aimed at something. Probably the biggest BA in the group, or the little squirrel leading the way. If that something has a mask on and puts me in fear for my life...so be it.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
19,796 Posts
A mob of angry people decide to come for me. I ain't waiting to take the first hit. Hence all the ammo. It not for shooting over heads. The closer they are the easier it is the get more.

·
Premium Member
21,120 Posts
One thing I will agree with James Yeager on............ closest, loudest craziest one gets it first. If that doesn't work shoot #2.

·
Premium Member
8,473 Posts
I'm thinking in this day and time you may need some 'suppressive' time-to-run-and-get-away fire against a larger group of un-friendlies.
This whole thread has been kinda disappointing...

Not one word on suppressors, silencers, or even the US GI wool blanket wrapped around a rifle's muzzle to reduce the noise of the shot!

eldar

·
Registered
791 Posts

Not one word on suppressors, silencers, or even the US GI wool blanket wrapped around a rifle's muzzle to reduce the noise of the shot!

eldar
There is now, nice addition!

·
Premium Member
21,120 Posts

eldar
VS the poof of feathers from a down pillow?

Reactions: Rerun

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You would want the crowd to scatter and start thinking about saving their own lives rather then ending yours.
So you'd want the noise.
Angry old white people with guns lol

Somebody should teach her how to hold a gun and in the video he sweeps his wife multiple times lol.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts