Suppressing the 995TS

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by FlashBang, Dec 22, 2014.

1. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

My 16 year old daughter has been after me to get her 995TS setup for a suppressor, so today during a long winded WebEx I had to be on I decided my time should be better spent. Since the barrel diameter was only .610 I had to take it down to 0.5625 for a 9/16x24 thread. Got it threaded up and used a 9/16x24 to 5/8x24 adapter to hang the can on.

Stepped outside with four 147gr rounds loaded in the magazine and tested it out. First round pop as expected and the rest were suppressed as they should be. All in all a nifty addition for her 995TS.

Oh, and that WebEx? I turned the barrel, threaded it, tested the suppressor, and cleaned everything up before the WebEx finished and no one was the wiser. ;)

Did it with the TS fully assembled in order to save time and get it done without having to tear it down and run to the shop to use the lathe.

Still on my "To Do" list - finish a T53 conversion that I have underway, and then SBR/Suppress an SKS in the SGWorks Bull-pup stock. Waiting on the Form 1 to get its stamp and then the SKS project will be green lighted.

Attached Files:

2. Now that is sweet!!! morayman............

3. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

:D

Cool stuff...

4. ChewedUp

ChewedUp Member

Very cool. I want to do this with mine, but have zero understanding of the laws, zero motivation to research them, and not enough know how to make my own

5. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

That is awesome!...... I like it a lot.

6. jniedbalski

jniedbalski Member

How did you cut the barrel down and thread it we all want to know

7. jniedbalski

jniedbalski Member

With out tearing it down to put it in a lathe .

8. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

Then it will never come to be.
    On my next trip to the range, I'll be getting the thread specs for the suppressors I wanna get so I can contact the machining company about the proper threading. I will then take my firearms to the company to thread and wait for them to finish. After that, I'll try to save my money to buy one, or both suppressors

9. fordfarmboy

fordfarmboy Member

If I was to do it I would put a vee block on mill table hang gun clamb on barrel turn it down with boreing bar and use a die . Done

10. FlashBang

Yep, that is a good way to it also if you don't have a lathe.
    Or if you know what you are doing and are careful, you can use an annular cutter and bore pilot to get the diameter, and then thread using a die and die starter. Since the 995TS was concentrically bored, it was good to go for doing it this way. I have a through center clamp on my drill press that lets me center a barrel to the spindle and then use annular cutters with bore pilots to size with. As long as you keep cutting fluid on it and run under 250rpm it is fine and no chatter. The die with the die starter keeps your threads where they need to be as well.

For things like Mosin Nagants and other Eastern block military weapons, I always use the lathe.

For muzzle repair/crowning/chamfer, I use the Manson Reamer. The Manson Reamer lets you do it without having to chuck it up in the lathe and you can do a complete muzzle refinish in under 15-20 minutes while the customer waits. Mine has paid for itself several times over.

I do not recommend others do this unless they know what they are doing.

11. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqZMzmPBMqc[/ame]

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-N1SpDv8Yk[/ame]

https://www.google.com/search?q=bui...NG9imyASrkoLYAw&ved=0CFAQsAQ&biw=1093&bih=542

Tons of info out there, now maybe you have some motivation :D

12. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    BTW, a home built suppressor is also illegal unless the stamp is purchased...

13. FlashBang

Some States and jurisdictions prohibit the possession or use of a silencer, please check all local and State laws as well as comply to the NFA requirements before building or possessing a suppressor.

14. ChewedUp

ChewedUp Member

Yeah, legal in my state but trust/corp/fingerprint cards, 200 dollar tax stamp, wait time, blah blah blah, Squirrel! -oh look I actually have bills I should be paying... :p