Suppressor (silencer) for C9

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by Gyrobob, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Gyrobob

Gyrobob Gyrobob Member

How would you attach a suppressor to a C9? I know of no aftermarket extended barrel or threaded barrel makers.

I'm also wondering if there would be a lot of noise from the ejection port with the C9 being a blowback design.

2. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Buy a C-9 Comp, toss the comp in the parts box and thread the barrel.

3. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    :welcome:gyrobob!!!
    I doubt the noise would be much more, the suppressor acts like a muffler
    to absorb the great volume of gasses expelled, releasing them slower and
    somewhat quieter than before, and if properly sized, the same amount of blowback is achieved. If you have a can that is too small, you could insert a heavier recoil spring and overcome some or all of this. I believe "blowback sound" would be reduced as well. If needed at all... :confused:

4. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    Go with a unit that can be used with different guns. Sharing the cost then .

5. lsi1

lsi1 Member

not to mention the increased cleaning regiment that would have to be practiced to keep it up and running.

6. Gyrobob

Gyrobob Gyrobob Member

your point is??

7. Gyrobob

Gyrobob Gyrobob Member

The cleaning regimen is not an issue. We won't be using the suppressed C9 a lot,.. just trips to the range every other month or so to maintain a bit of proficiency,....Probably a couple hundred rounds per year or so.

I plan to have a suppressed C9 serve home defense duty when I am not there. The wife hates guns, hates shooting, and is terrified of the recoil and noise. If someone broke into the house while I was not there, though, she would be able to defend herself okay for one shot with the current weapons in place, but after she experienced (with no hearing protection) the report of an unsuppressed 9 or 357 in a room, she'd be in shock,... not to mention the permanent loss of hearing.

She can handle the recoil of a C9. They are heavy and not too scary if her ears are protected.

I just need a weapon that a non-gun person could pick up in an emergency and not be too afraid of pulling the trigger, should that unfortunate situation arise.

8. Gyrobob

Gyrobob Gyrobob Member

Where does one find a C9 Comp? A quick trip through common sources on the internet showed nothing.

9. lsi1

lsi1 Member

the c9 comp is the c9 compensated which has a longer pistol barrel with a compensator on the end. The barrel would stick out beyond the end of the slide far enough to be threaded for a can.

The weight of the supressor tends to compensate for recoil in other firearms making them easier to handle.

10. Gyrobob

Gyrobob Gyrobob Member

I believe that and I like it.

Now,.. where can I buy a couple of C9 Comps?

11. Gyrobob

Gyrobob Gyrobob Member

I wonder if a C9 Comp barrel can be purchased from Hi-Point.

12. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    IDK if anyone has had any luck with "MOM" as it is out of production...
    Whole Guns, maybe GunBroker or ArmsList auctions. Parts kits, I'm not
    sure but these guys get them on fleaBay, maybe? That is a rare and
    wonderful find, most likely. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

13. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    There are at least two C9 comps available on this forum right now!!!!

14. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    There is at least two available on this forum by members now !! :D

15. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    I have a lightly used C-9 Comp and a NIB CF-380 Comp. $185 each shipped to your FFL or $150 each FTF w/ VT resident.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
  16. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Why not have a pair of hearing protectors next to the gun?
    The active noise suppression ones amplify ambient noise so you can hear range commands from 5 lanes away.
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/774928/caldwell-e-max-low-profile-electronic-earmuffs-nrr-23db
    I bought mine for like $15 on sale.
    And legal...and cheap..

17. Gyrobob

Gyrobob Gyrobob Member

That is what I do right now, but the gun-deficient wife would never do that.

Within arm's reach, I have the weapon, a very bright flashlight, amplified hearing protectors, and athlete's eyeglasses (I'm slightly myopic).

The best I could ever hope for on her part would be she would know where the gun is, pick it up, and go bang bang bang in the general direction of the threat before she went to pieces. If she is terrified of the gun, she wouldn't even do that. I'm hoping I can get her past the being terrified of the gun if it is not so shockingly loud when she shoots it.

With your ears not protected, have you ever heard a 9mm or .357 go off in a small room? It is astoundingly loud.

18. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

It is loud. But if its your life on the line. Which is better hearing loss or possible death. She either gets it or not. Some are just not every going to be a gun person. If you can change her mind that's great. If not you need to respect that to.

19. lsi1

lsi1 Member

did i hit my head and forget it? moonzie is being the voice of reason!

E must have his phone.