Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any plans to make a smaller gun that would be easier to conceal? I have a C9 and a .40. I love both but way too big and heavy for concealment (at least in my opinion). I bought a Kel Tec P32 for carry. It was 255 dollars and also in my opinion isn't near the quality of the Hi Point guns I own. I'm sure if Hi Point had one it would be half the price and twice the quality. I would be the first person in line to buy one if they ever make them.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I would get one also. Its a wonder HP didnt expand into different calibers.

·
Registered
21 Posts
kinda in the same boat with this. I bought the P32 as well for CC. I agree accept the Kel Tec is a fine gun as well.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I like my fiancees Bersa Thunder .380. Man is it small.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the .32acp have an inherent problem with the case rim jamming while loading? I remember reading about this somewhere, maybe over at KTOG. Mike

G

·
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the .32acp have an inherent problem with the case rim jamming while loading? I remember reading about this somewhere, maybe over at KTOG. Mike
Yes it does....It's commonly known as "rim lock".
But's it's easily fixed by adding a wire to the back of your .32acp mags to keep the rounds locked forward with no play.
Kel Tec even makes a kit for there guns. ;-)
I have 3 of my mags for my P32 equipped with them for carry purposes. ;-)

·
Registered
663 Posts
Just as with a KelTek. I would not buy.
I have problems with very small guns. I can not hit the broad side of a barn with them at 7 yards. And that is no lie.
A med to full frame pistol or revolver and I do fine but the small KT like guns.
Well....I might just as well not have them, because if I did try to shoot the bad guy I would miss him and probably hit someone else.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have shot the Kel Tec .32 many times, the trigger is horrible as well as the accuracy. It does go bang everytime however. It would not be my first choice for ccw. I guess it beats the hell out of a rock. I wonder if the blow back design of the HP's would hinder the developement of a true cc sized firearm? I would be all for one though.

G

·
I have shot the Kel Tec .32 many times, the trigger is horrible as well as the accuracy. It does go bang everytime however. It would not be my first choice for ccw. I guess it beats the hell out of a rock. I wonder if the blow back design of the HP's would hinder the developement of a true cc sized firearm? I would be all for one though.
lol.....I'm not sure what you mean by "the trigger is horrible"? But if you''re referring to the long DAO pull then I have to assume you've never shot a DOA gun before? For a DOA trigger it isn't nearly as heavy or difficult as allot of revolvers I've shot. And IMO that long trigger pull is one of the positive points I own KT's for CCW. I can chamber a round and holster it and never worry about an AD. ;-)
As for the accuracy.......it is s short barreled gun and the fact is that the shorter the barrel the less accurate it'll be. However I'd be willing to bet money that my wife could out shoot most of the guys here with her P32 against their HP's. ;-)
It's all about practice and technique, just like any physical and mental endeavor. ;-)
It's kinda hard to tell in this pic.....but that's her shooting the P32 at 7 yards. And if you look closely that shoot n see squirrel target is blanketed with shoot n see holes from that little .32. ;-)

·
Registered
235 Posts
I'm sorry maybe I should have been more clear. This gun was new with about a 15lb 1 1/2" pull with a speedbump in the middle . Not to knock all Kel-Tecs maybe this one is an exception to the rule. Hope no one got there feelings hurt , This is not a Benelli forum.

Regards,

·
Registered
236 Posts
The gun I am thinking about getting is DAO. I cant wait to see it again.

G

·
I'm sorry maybe I should have been more clear. This gun was new with about a 15lb 1 1/2" pull with a speedbump in the middle . Not to knock all Kel-Tecs maybe this one is an exception to the rule. Hope no one got there feelings hurt , This is not a Benelli forum.

Regards,
I've never encountered a handgun with a 15# trigger. So I'd say you need to send it back to KT for their lifetime warranty and have it fixed if you've truly measured it at 15#'s. ;-)

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
Are there any plans to make a smaller gun that would be easier to conceal? I have a C9 and a .40. I love both but way too big and heavy for concealment (at least in my opinion). I bought a Kel Tec P32 for carry. It was 255 dollars and also in my opinion isn't near the quality of the Hi Point guns I own. I'm sure if Hi Point had one it would be half the price and twice the quality. I would be the first person in line to buy one if they ever make them.
I guess I think that Hi Point does what it does really well! It makes sense to me that they wouldn't want to do what every other company does. Still, it doesn't hurt to wish!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.