Survey: Guns you hide from your partner

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by SWAGA, Dec 16, 2014.

1. None...spouse/partner knows about all of them

38 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. -1-

4 vote(s)
    7.0%
  3. -2-

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  4. -3-

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  5. > 3

13 vote(s)
    22.8%
  1. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Ok, we joke about it all the time but truthfully, how many guns do you have that your spouse/partner/better half does not know about?

I'm currently at two.
    AR180 that I put on layaway when I was promised a promotion.
    Got it out of layaway after almost 6 months and still no promotion.
    Second one is my Albanian SKS that I put on layaway in a whim after reading about how (semi) rare they are.

I plan on telling my wife at some point if the time is right, after the promotion that is. Maybe end of Januari '15.
    Promised my wife I wouldn't buy any more guns until the credit cards where paid off. Extremely sensible, bless her.
    But sometimes you know.....you just need to have it.

2. colthrash

colthrash Member

its a trap!!!! run...

3. My wife knows about all of mine. many times i have come close to buying them on a credit card, but I never went through with it.

4. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    She doesn't really "know" about any of them...they are all just "those guns" to her, she wouldn't know if one was new, different, or anything, unless it was pink.

She also knows I am cheap, and won't get stupid buying some expensive gun. SHE is the one asking if I'd like to go look at some guns.:p

So, I don't bother hiding any.:)

5. bluharley

bluharley Member

No partner, no worries!

6. rickm

rickm Member

I voted greater than 3 cause i do have more than 3 that she dont know i have to a point she has seen them and held them but she really dont know they are new guns when i bring them home she thinks its one i just took with me when i left for the day and putting it up when i get home.

7. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

"Know about?" All of them and none of them. I usually tell her all about it and her eyes glaze over. If I get particularly excited about one she says, "1 Degree."

You ever hear of the game "6 degrees to Kevin Bacon?" My wife says that I can link almost any topic or item to martial arts or violence in "1 degree."

Don't get me wrong, she can shoot. She's earned her Winchester Marksmanship "Marksman First Class" (or was it "Sharpshooter"? I forget) rating in Pistol. But she's just not "into" it like I am.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

8. Back2School

Back2School Member

One of the benefits of being divorced is you learn what not to do. My wife and I have a practical setup. We have our own accounts and a joint. Joint pays all bills except our personal credit cards. We agreed that what we do with the money thats above and beyond what we put in the joint is our own business. Not that that had stopped me from helping her or her kids a lot before her pay drastically passed mine.

So I dont hide anything from her, but again she doesnt really care what I do either.

9. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

My wife know I have 'some' guns, but she couldn't tell you what they are.

Now...if I sneak a new guitar into the house..... she may get pissed. ;)

10. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

My 7 yr old granddaughter was practicing her mathematics the other day. Was counting my guns inside my gun cabinet, she says "grandpa" you have 50 guns! That is all that will fit that cabinet. I said don't tell anyone, she ran right out and told grandma! lol

11. My wife is similarl. I talked about every purchase so much she can tell you all about calibers. Stainless vs. Blued etc. But she really could care less.

I get on average one gun for every 2 years. So I have to stay excited about what I just got or am looking into for a long time.

12. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

I don't hide anything.... they are all sitting in the safes anytime she wants to look at them. If she can tell when one or two more are added, more power to her. Heck, I can't even keep track of everything I have. I opened one of the safes awhile back and found two additional P-64's still in their shipping boxes that I forgot I even had. :)

13. We have a joint bank account; I can't even hide when I buy a bag of Cheetos.

14. wganz

wganz Supporting Member

My wife and I had this discussion once

She threw out "You've got too many guns! :mad: "

I countered, "You're right dear. I do have too many guns. I'm going to take all of them to the LGS and sell all of them for a down payment on a Harley so Tracey(next door neighbour at the time) and I can go riding together on the weekends. He's always asking me to go with him. :rolleyes:"

She was like :eek: MOTORCYCLE!!!!111!!!!!!!!!!!. She previously worked ER in Kiev and saw a few wild motorcycle accident riders brought in.

And never brought the subject up again.

15. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    None. She doesn't remember anything I tell her the next day so what's the point?

16. bluharley

bluharley Member

She Ukrainian? My ex-wife is from Vladimir-Volynsk in western Ukraine.

17. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Was that last selection >30? :D

My OL may suspect I have some guns, and one time after the range my daughter said shr really liked "that one rifle you got, Dad" Keltec Sub2000, 40 S&W. Once SHTF is here, she's gonna be like I Wish I had a GUN!!! and I'm gonna say "pick one" and she will crap a brick! Like a big concrete BLOCK! But she was shooting expert in basic training, before she was let out on a medical (stress fractures, feet) so I think she'll be fine with an AR or a PCC...

18. The number hidden is on a classified information, because it is the same as the number hidden from the rest of the world.

19. My Wife Is told when I buy one, but don't care /I treat it like a business, if there is money in the gun account great , my side jobs go into it so it has no affect on house hold budget . she has ask to shoot some of "our " investments from time to time

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  20. Whoa. Does your wife seriously think you don't own a gun?
    If true that's hilarious