Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we have another thread about any good book you may have read lately but I wanted to be a bit more specific.

I am no stranger to basic survival and bushcraft, but I really wanted something that went a little more in depth and maybe some more advanced stuff. After perusing Amazon I kept seeing the same theme, good book but very basic in the reviews.

Soooo, I present this question to you guys. Have you read any and if you have are there any you would recommend.

Since this is a Survival/Bushcraft Book thread even the basic ones may be good for other members, so if you like one of those post it also.

·
Premium Member
9,408 Posts
Plant World Natural landscape Font Publication

Reactions: Visper

·
Premium Member
9,307 Posts
Here's a good one I have had on my shelf for years. I have a pocket-sized edition in my BOB and the full-sized one on the shelf.

Product Azure Rectangle Font Parallel

·
Registered
698 Posts
The SAS book is the bible. Pretty detailed and covers most, if not all, situations. Highly recommended. That's not to say there aren't other very valuable resources (books) out there, but this is where I'd recommend starting.

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Bushcraft one looks different didn't see that one, thanks Greg.

The SAS is the one I always see, some really like it some say its basic (Amazon reviews I know) I'll give it a shot because I have heard that it is basically the bible more than once.

Thanks guys, keep em coming if there are any others!!

·
Premium Member
9,307 Posts

The SAS is the one I always see, some really like it some say its basic (Amazon reviews I know) I'll give it a shot because I have heard that it is basically the bible more than once.

Thanks guys, keep em coming if there are any others!!
Speaking of Bushcraft books, there is another Bushcraft title by a different author about Bushcraft first-aid I have on my shelf. It's a good book to have around.
Font Screenshot Parallel Number Rectangle

·
Premium Member
9,408 Posts
Mors Kochanski instructed the UK, Canadian, Swedish and United States military in survival for over 40 years. He is a legend in the Bushcraft world.

He died in December 2019. In his memory we made coffee the Mors way. Cowboy coffee with canned milk and brown sugar. I normally take my coffee black, but his coffee was very good. Think I will make me some more this morning! The Mors pot is the cooking pot all others are judged by

Camping and woodcraft by Horace Kephart is another classic read. Horace was a librarian that settled in the Appalachians of North Carolina. He was instrumental in the development of the Smokey Mountain National Park and the Appalachian Trail. Died in an accident in the 1930's. The Classic Bushcraft Kephart knife is patterned after the knife that Horace carried.

Reactions: Visper
1 - 7 of 7 Posts